• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Part-Time Betas for a Cynical Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhipenwhe

Moving with my soul, step by step
Registered
Reaction score
Genre: Fantasy, distant third person on at least two MCs (although only one is followed so far). 'Cynical' as opposed to dark; not exactly high on hope or 'heroic' protagonists, and the chances of a non-happy ending more then likely. Roughly 5,500 words so far.

Feedback: Brutal honesty. I want my writing, story, and prose critiqued to the maximum extent possible. I'd like some praise, but only if it doesn't detract from the criticism.

Publishing: Haven't thought about it, probably won't until I'm close to finishing.

Other Notes: I'd like any beta reader to have a decent amount of experience writing/reading sci-fi/fantasy. The piece is incomplete; I'd like to send in large chunks for reading as opposed to the entire piece. I can send anyone who's interested the first two chapters (although the first is up on SYW in a nearly-revised form).

Flickering Hopes
After a devastating war against the the eldritch Draugh, Jaeth and his companions flee south, seeking to warn the surviving nations and help those they meet along the way However, the memory of their failures pursues them as the Draugh do, relentlessly and without mercy.

Status
Not open for further replies.