PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Phil's personality test

Puddle Jumper
12-15-2005, 05:54 AM
So... according to Dr. Phil, what's your personality?

Take the test. (http://psychcentral.com/personquiz.htm)

My result...

The Loyal Friend

Others see you as sensible, cautious, careful & practical. They see you as clever, gifted, or talented, but modest. Not a person who makes friends too quickly or easily, but someone who's extremely loyal to friends you do make and who expects the same loyalty in return. Those who really get to know you realize it takes a lot to shake your trust in your friends, but equally that it takes you a long time to get over if that trust is ever broken.

rhymegirl
12-15-2005, 06:07 AM
I got a 43.

The Lively Center of Attention

Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who's constantly in the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who'll always cheer them up and help them out.

reph
12-15-2005, 06:12 AM
Oh, no. Do I have to draw a picture of Dr. Phil's house?

scfirenice
12-15-2005, 06:12 AM
39 loyal friend.

BradyH1861
12-15-2005, 06:13 AM
Me too Rhymegirl! But my score was a 49.

Brady

Susie
12-15-2005, 06:15 AM
Kath, I got the same score as you and the same title: The Lively Center of Attention. I'm surprised 'cause I'm fairly shy. Thanks Puddle for sharing the test. It was fun! Welcome to AW.

rhymegirl
12-15-2005, 06:23 AM
Ya know, some of those questions were a toss-up. Like the one that asked what you'd do walking into a party? For me, it depends on the party.

If I'm walking into a room filled with people I know well, I'll make a loud entrance. On the other hand, if it's people I don't know well, I'll make a quiet entrance. They didn't stipulate what kind of crowd it was.

OneTeam OneDream
12-15-2005, 06:25 AM
http://psychcentral.com/images/person_lively.gif

Azure Skye
12-15-2005, 06:31 AM

Lively Center of Attention

Ewwwkay. Kind of funny coming from an introvert.:Shrug:

Celia Cyanide
12-15-2005, 06:47 AM
Others see you as an exciting, highly volatile, rather impulsive personality; a natural leader, who's quick to make decisions, though not always the right ones. They see you as bold and adventuresome, someone who will try anything once; someone who takes chances and enjoys an adventure. They enjoy being in your company because of the excitement you radiate.

Heh. Cool.

Optimus
12-15-2005, 07:01 AM
You scored a total of 47

Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who's constantly in the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who'll always cheer them up and help them out.

Heh...is this supposed to be accurate?

;)

eldragon
12-15-2005, 07:15 AM
The Lively Center of AttentionThe Lively Center of Attention - scored 49.

JAlpha
12-15-2005, 07:20 AM
A Loyal Friend here, but my friends already knew that :)

I agree with Rhyme girl though, some of the questions were a toss up. But, in truth, I think I fell into the most consistent category for me.

Puddle Jumper
12-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Heh...is this supposed to be accurate?

;)
Mine was.

The question I didn't like was asking how you stand when talking to someone. I really don't do any of those. I usually either have my arms hanging at my side or my hands stuffed in my pockets I think.

Inspired
12-15-2005, 07:28 AM
The Careful Plodder

Your friends see you as painstaking and fussy. They see you as very cautious, extremely careful, a slow and steady plodder. It would really surprise them if you ever did something impulsively or on the spur of the moment, expecting you to examine everything carefully from every angle and then, usually decide against it. They think this reaction is caused partly by your careful nature.

That's exactly how I shop and make decisions, in general.

Carole
12-15-2005, 07:33 AM

Lantern Jack
12-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Dr. Phil is a big, bald ninny.

The Loyal Friend

Others see you as sensible, cautious, careful & practical. They see you as clever, gifted, or talented, but modest. Not a person who makes friends too quickly or easily, but someone who's extremely loyal to friends you do make and who expects the same loyalty in return. Those who really get to know you realize it takes a lot to shake your trust in your friends, but equally that it takes you a long time to get over if that trust is ever broken.

Cathy C
12-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Interesting!

52 -

The Natural Leader

Others see you as an exciting, highly volatile, rather impulsive personality; a natural leader, who's quick to make decisions, though not always the right ones. They see you as bold and adventuresome, someone who will try anything once; someone who takes chances and enjoys an adventure. They enjoy being in your company because of the excitement you radiate.

I hesitated on my choice of sleeping position, because it's about 50/50 how I fall asleep. So, I went back and changed my answer. Apparently, that's a BIG deal, because it dropped me to

I guess I'm a little bit of both... :D

Jaycinth
12-15-2005, 07:47 PM
The Loyal Friend

WVWriterGirl
12-15-2005, 08:09 PM
I got a 46.

Shadow_Ferret
12-15-2005, 08:14 PM
A 47.

Oh, that's just baloney. I'm shy and withdrawn.

Inspired
12-16-2005, 12:33 AM
Okay. Now that I read the other responses, I'm more like a Loyal Friend.

Except, I don't have any friends.

Other than that . . .

arrowqueen
12-16-2005, 02:21 AM
Apparently I'm a Natural leader - so lets go and invade Poland.

CaitlinK18
12-16-2005, 02:50 AM
Can I be Patton?

The Natural Leader

robeiae
12-16-2005, 05:07 AM
50. Just short of natural leader, so a very lively center of attention. BS.

Rob :)

AdamH
12-16-2005, 05:31 AM
A lemming??????? What the...how did I get a negative score???? Oh, right. Carry the 1 and...got a 47!

"The Lively Center of Attention"

Coincedentally, that's going to be the name of famed Dr. Kenneth G. Lively's hospital for the Attention Impaired. I'm enrolled. :)

ANNIE
12-16-2005, 05:36 AM
46 Livley center of attention.

OKAY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!

Puddle Jumper
12-16-2005, 06:35 AM
I remember when I changed an answer on the sleep thing I got lively center of attention. I mean, what if I sleep on my stomach and put one arm under my head? Technically I put the arm under my pillow under my head because if I just put it under my head it would put my arm to sleep and that's just very painful and then I wouldn't be able to fall asleep because of the pain and then I'd have to try and find a more comfortable position which is hard when the arm you usually have under your head is hurting and you can't put it under because it would only hurt more and then you're up all night worrying that you won't be able to fall asleep and you know you have to because you have to be up early in the morning to go to work! (I was seeing how long I could stretch a sentence.)

biotales
12-16-2005, 06:36 AM
44.... the center of attention... yep thats me...

kristie911
12-16-2005, 09:40 AM
I got 47 the first time but changed an answer I was on the fence about and got 51...Natural Leader. I guess they didn't have Annoyed B!tch as a choice...

Lyra Jean
12-16-2005, 09:58 AM

well my friends do say I am like this but I rarely feel this way.

NickDangr
12-16-2005, 10:12 AM
The Loyal Friend

Spooky how right that is.

My-Immortal
12-16-2005, 10:12 AM
The Lively Center of Attention...

Even after going back and making a few adjustments on a couple of 'fence' answers I still got this one....which is fairly accurate. :)

Take care all -

blacbird
12-16-2005, 10:51 AM
33. A loyal friend, by Docphil's assessment. So why do I usually get addressed as U. Basterd?

caw.

Shadow_Ferret
12-16-2005, 08:44 PM
The problem I have with some of these "tests" is that sometimes you have to pick the answer "closest" to your situation. For instance:

9. When you are in bed at night, in those last few moments before going to sleep, you are... Stretched out on your back
Stretched out face down on your stomach
On your side, slightly curled
With your head on one arm
With your head under the covers
It certainly doesn't have "with a 50-pound dalmatian between your legs." Which is what I would have chosen. :)

aghast
12-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Seems like there are a lot of centers of attention here. ME too. Everyone says look at me now!

writerterri
12-16-2005, 10:38 PM
The problem I have with some of these "tests" is that sometimes you have to pick the answer "closest" to your situation. For instance:

It certainly doesn't have "with a 50-pound dalmatian between your legs." Which is what I would have chosen. :)

Terri! Get your mind out of the gutter! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_100.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUxdm080YYUS)

After last nights suicide post I needed a good laugh, I know what you mean, really Shadow.

Shadow_Ferret
12-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Um. Just to clarify, he's OUTSIDE the covers. ;)

PattiTheWicked
12-16-2005, 11:00 PM
I got a 48, the Lively Center of Attention.

Lookitme, lookitme, lookitme NOW dammit!!!!

rhymegirl
12-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Good point about Dr. Phil, Kevin.

Also, I know I've done this test before. And it didn't have anything to do with Dr. "Feel." Probably saw it in Reader's Digest or some woman's mag.

Puddle Jumper
12-17-2005, 05:58 AM
I read the title of this thread and I laughed my dimpled azz off! Everybody knows that Dr. Phil does not have a personality! You can't test what isn't there!
Oh he's got personality alright! I like his show but I get the feeling he might drive me crazy in person.