Status
Not open for further replies.

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
Sean Penn.

:roll:You win!

My preference is the Bic Cristal Stick medium point, black ink. They're cheap, they work every time, and I've only had one explode in my jacket pocket, in like 15 years of using them. :)

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The kind that writes with lead and has an eraser :D

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
The Zebra pens have been surprising for me, in the best of ways. I like a very fine point in my pens, and Zebra seems to "get me" in that regard.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
I prefer to write with pencils where possible - I like the noise they make on the paper.

Reaction score
Uni-ball fine gel pen for me.

Course, most of my work is typed onto the laptop, but when I make notes or write longhand, I prefer gel pens. They require less pressure on the page, which helps avoid wrist strain.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Mr. Filigree and I collect pens. My favorite special-occasion pen is either the fountain or rollerball sterling-silver Namiki Dragon pen he got me for an anniversary present. My favorite everyday pen is a custom job made for me by a penmaker friend of ours at Penchetta: http://www.penchetta.com/

I'll use a Uniball if need be. But I have carpal issues with my right hand, so I'm picky about pens.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I've been somewhat happy with the Pilot G-2 07* gell - when I can't find a Uniball Signo*.

*Manufacturers interested in my online and public support of their writing products should send a case -100 count or more- of a medium point, black ink, to the following address...

cameron_chapman

Makes Things Up
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cameronchapman.com
I like my Lamy Safari fountain pen, but find refilling it too much of a chore. So usually any gel pen with an ultra-fine point (.4mm or thinner). I also have these cheap ball point pens from the dollar store I really like.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
A fountain pen with an italic nib,usually a Parker. Or a quill - love a quill, nice and slow and the fingres get all inky and messy. Though I draw the line at making my own ink.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
For editing? Plain ole red bic.

For writing in notebook or writing journal, hmmmm.... the smooth ones. I try out quite a few. I'll probably go pick up a few based on some of the replies here. My handwriting is so atrocious that I guess it doesn't matter what I use in the end. :)

Chris1981

Just Another Transman
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pilot's G2 gel-ink pen is nice--like Scarlet said, less pressure required. I also like Sharpie pens.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
A blue or black BIC crystal ballpoint for me (medium).

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
Uni-ball fine gel pen for me.

Course, most of my work is typed onto the laptop, but when I make notes or write longhand, I prefer gel pens. They require less pressure on the page, which helps avoid wrist strain.

Pilot G-2 (10) gel pen.

edit: *waves to the other Pilot gel pen fans*

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
My favorite type of pen changes every so many years. I have arthritic hands, so I usually use a Pilot Dr. Grip SE gel pen with custom grips I had made.

But after trying fifty or sixty fountain pens, I've concluded that my favorite pen for easy, pleasant wrtiing is a Conklin, the same one Mark Twain used near the end of his life. http://www.conklinpens.com/product/crescent.html

You can find them for around $130, which isn't at all bad for a good fountain pen.

JayMan

Like Burt Reynolds in Gator
Registered
Reaction score
I've been somewhat happy with the Pilot G-2 07* gell - when I can't find a Uniball Signo*.

*Manufacturers interested in my online and public support of their writing products should send a case -100 count or more- of a medium point, black ink, to the following address...
Haha :D

I do like the Pilot G2 chambered in 0.7 mm, but gel ink is too dark and smudge-prone for my taste, plus the relatively large volume of ink discharged during normal use causes the line to broaden noticeably, not to mention the cartridges run out of ink prohibitively fast. So while the Pilot G2 may be my favorite pen to sign my name with, I prefer the Zebra F-402 which, while also possessing a tasteful 0.7 mm point, produces a fine yet powerful line, one that is neither too dark like the G2's nor crudely light and inconsistent like so many cheap dime-a-dozen Bics.

On top of that, it's sturdy and has a stainless steel barrel; it's got weight, and it's got authority, and for enthusiasts of torquing your pen into the air and catching it as you think about what to write next (such as myself) it has a mass distribution I've not encountered with any other pen to date, granting it a sensible center of gravity that allows measurable throws and accurate catches.

For the price, it's the best pen you can buy.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on what I'm using it for. But they're almost always blue ink.

For general household stuff, I like the Zebra F-301 blue finepoint. I like refillable, retractable pens.

At work and school they're some medium point blue thing. Ballpoint.

For writing letters, a fountain pen seems right, but I don't write as many of those as I think I should.

Status
Not open for further replies.