• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a 1st Chapter Beta (Commercial Fiction) 5,000 words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turndog-Millionaire

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all

I been editing away for around a year now and feel my novel is ready for beta reading and outside help. I want to start slow though and have someone read my first chapter. I still feel i have a lot to learn and the advice given on chapter 1 will hopefully allow me to do another self-edit with some new tools this time

My story is commercial fiction (contemporary) about the lead male and female, and what their lives would be like with and without each other. A parallel story akin to sliding doors.

The first chapter is around 5,000 words

I'm hoping for someone to read and help amend:
- Grammar
- If i've rid the age old issue of telling
- passive writing
- General flow and what not

I know you won't be able to give me a solid opinion on the actual story with just 1 chapter, but any opinions on flow, character knowledge, setting etc would be great.

I'm still very much honing my craft so anyone able to help would make me very happy.

Any questions or what not please let me know :)

Matt (Turndog Millionaire)

Billycourty

Registered
Reaction score
Have you found someone to help you? If you would like me to look over your work pm me.

I have written a novel (still in the process of polishing, I also write poetry and have to write a lot of historical essays.)

Regards
Jaymee

Status
Not open for further replies.