PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Nightmares (and Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, too)

underthecity
02-04-2012, 07:32 AM
I started watching Kitchen Nightmares last year and have never stopped. I love it. I have to admit I don't like "reality" TV at all, but I find KN enthralling.

What's interesting to me is that Gordon Ramsey seems to actually care about these restaurants that he's helping out, that he wants to see them succeed and he does everything he can to help them.

And it's hilarious, too. The owner and/or head chef always hate him at first, but by episode's end they're always thanking him for everything he did.

(And as an aside, I told my wife that for Gordon Ramsey to walk in and evaluate someone's restaurant is like having Stephen King walk into my house and critique my writing and methods.)

Anyway, I'm hooked on it. Anyone else here like it?

Then there's the British version Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares which is the same show, only without the dramatic music and much slower pace. It's interesting to watch this version because he seems a lot less critical to the British restaurants as he does the American ones, and the show moves more slowly.

Thoughts?

Ed Panther
02-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I LOVE Gordon Ramsay's kitchen nightmares!

And honestly, I LOVE Gordon Ramsay. I think he is an extraordinary human being. I remember one episode one of the chefs had a bit of a drinking problem and passed out and Gordon panicked. Then when he saw him again he said, "I hope to hell you are alright. Cooking doesn't mean anything." And when he said it, there was just pure emotion. Much more emotion than the normal person would express for some random drunk.

Ed Panther
02-05-2012, 11:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jBxpQLUnTU

Rise2theTop
02-05-2012, 02:57 PM
LOVE him!