bad boss or co-worker stories - women 25 to 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigertail78

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for women aged 25 to 35 to talk about a boss or co-worker who drives them crazy.

I'd love to hear your stories!

Jenny
[email protected]

tigertail78

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Vanessa,

This is for an assignment from a national magazine. You can contact me for more details, if you like!

Jenny :)

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
I work with a guy who's in the Marine Reserves. He wears a service pin and his dress uniform shoes to work, and insults our country and government every chance he gets. That the kind of thing you're looking for?

CaitlinK18

"Sephiroth is my bishie!"
Registered
Reaction score
There must be something about ex-Marines, because the one I worked with was obnoxious as hell too.

(Tiger, I'm a little under the gun on age, but let's just say I'm in my early 20s and leave it at that ;).)

He was generally a jerk, and his favorite thing to do during our shift (we worked as security guards at Sears) was to zoom in on women's breasts and butts with the camera and exclaim "Whoa, check that out! Damn!" He'd constantly call things "gay" or the "other F word", all the while insisting he wasn't homophobic. The crowning glory came when he'd just had a fight with his girlfriend and then played all of her hysterical, sobbing voice messages for me on his cell phone. "Baby, please pick up. Baby, I'm sorry. Baby, I need you." Next message: "F*ck you, jerk! I don't need your s*it!" Next message: "Baby, please don't leave me, I'm so sorry for what I said, I love you I love you I love you..." I'm not kidding, the chick must have repeated "I love you" at least 30 times before the phone cut her off. I think she was also severely underage... The other LP guard and I hated him with a mad passion, and used to make such bad fun of him behind his back it was hard not to giggle to his face when he said something idiotic. He never said anything harassing directly to me, but he'd stalked at least two other women who worked in the store. Probably because he knew I'd break his head if he tried anything, ex-Marine or no...

Anyway, that's my story! It's funny, now...at the time I wanted to take up a Craftsman tool and whack him with it, good and solid.

reni

Work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
How disappointing. I'm under 25, and I have boss/coworker stories to make your hair raise.

Like the employee who threw a chair at a pregnant coworker ...

And the boss who deflected well-intentioned outside donations to a horribly injured employee into his own company's accounts ...

Oh, well. :)

Frank Zafiro

CaitlinK18 said:
Anyway, that's my story! It's funny, now...at the time I wanted to take up a Craftsman tool and whack him with it, good and solid.

I wonder if he was an ex-Marine because the Marines kicked him out?

Two of my best friends were Marines (I was Army, but we made it work) and although there is a lot of testosterone piped through the Corps, they definitely take pride in being honorable...and how you treat a woman would definitely fall under that category.

Or, based on your description of his gay references, maybe he got the boot for sexual preference issues (an interesting, but completely different topic).

Overall, though, he sounds like a Class A jerk...but at least if you whacked him with the Craftsman and it broke, the tool itself has a lifetime guarantee...unlike the "tool" you would've whacked with it.

CaitlinK18

"Sephiroth is my bishie!"
Registered
Reaction score
Frank, that may well be...I know he worked in the motor pool in California (I think he was stationed in San Diego...he LOVED to talk about himself.) He liked to date underage girls and work on his truck a lot...he actually made the front page of our local paper for crashing into a Miata and putting a front tire through the poor woman's windshield. It was like something out of The Fast and the Furious, only really lame.

Frank Zafiro

CaitlinK18 said:
Frank, that may well be...I know he worked in the motor pool in California (I think he was stationed in San Diego...he LOVED to talk about himself.) He liked to date underage girls and work on his truck a lot...he actually made the front page of our local paper for crashing into a Miata and putting a front tire through the poor woman's windshield. It was like something out of The Fast and the Furious, only really lame.

What...a...loser.

Don't judge Marines by him.

Odaley

I'm a former Marine. However, I'm not obnoxious. :D

I had an old co-worker (not in the Marines) that had something against me for whatever reason. I'm female as is the co-worker. She came on board about a year after I was hired. Anyhoo, I had numerous problems with her. First, she had a shrink appointment on Friday after work. Monday morning she came in, went to our boss and stated that I contacted them to cancel her appointment. Each of us in our department had to be called in and interrogated. I informed my boss that we all knew she was going to a shrink as she told us. However, why would I cancel an appointment? It's obvious she needs the help.

About a year ago, she was being reprimanded due to poor work performance and was taken off of certain projects. One day, out of curiousity, I asked her if she knew when she was going to be able to join back on the project. It was not in any way vindictive. Also, I later found out that I was not the only one who had asked her this. For whatever reason, she had a problem with me asking. Before I left for work that day, I was once again called into my boss' office. I was informed that I hurt her feelings and that I should not ask her such things. I informed my boss that I am not responsible for what she feels like. I'm not getting paid to make her feel good. No one is considering my feelings, or my other co-workers, as we're picking up her slack. I was heated. Thankfully the woman had already left for home and it was a Friday afternoon. If she was there, I would have been arrested as I would have jumped her, giving her a whoopin' she would never forget!

There were plenty of other little things that happened with her, too. Thankfull, this past fall, I went through a company re-structuring. My department was heading to another city so I took the lay-off. Unfortunately, I still hear from this woman via email. :cry:

hollywood

I have a few doozies....

I had one boss who used to swear at the help under his breath. We could usually make out what he was saying. If you made a mistake he would say something like "F....... stupid!"

I had another boss who was setting different employees up. He would steal money out of the register and other people would get the blame. We found out later it was him. He was using the money to support a drug habit.

I had a co-worker who did something similar. She would set up new employees. She would make it look like the new employees were stealing. It was her all along. I was one of her victims. I found out she got what she deserved in the end. She was arrested for grand larceny.

Those are some of the stories I have. Those were probably some of the worst people I have ever worked with.

Status
Not open for further replies.