PDA

View Full Version : I Have the Urge to Write

Ctairo
02-02-2012, 09:25 PM
about an aging manwhore whose beauty, though once legendary, is a thing of the past.

Now ask me why.

Anyone else have an urge to write a story that comes from nowhere and makes less sense than gloves on feet?

MarkEsq
02-02-2012, 10:50 PM
about an aging manwhore whose beauty, though once legendary, is a thing of the past.

Now ask me why.

Why?

Anyone else have an urge to write a story that comes from nowhere and makes less sense than gloves on feet?

Well, have you seen those weird new shoes people are wearing, with toes? A lot like gloves... :)

Shadow_Ferret
02-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Actually, those gloves for your feet make a lot of sense. They force you to walk naturally as though you were barefoot instead of the way shoes make you heel walk which jars the joints and causes knee, hip, and back pain.

And a story about David lee Roth sounds interesting, too.

Alpha Echo
02-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Actually, those gloves for your feet make a lot of sense. They force you to walk naturally as though you were barefoot instead of the way shoes make you heel walk which jars the joints and causes knee, hip, and back pain.

I don't think I could get used to having the cloth between each toe...I don't know.

kuwisdelu
02-02-2012, 11:13 PM

Now ask me why.

No.

That's all I write.

Ctairo
02-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Why?

Because it's not what I write, and I'm a fan of repertoire expansion. (Thanks for taking up the question, btw.) Truth told, the idea cropped up from nowhere, popped into my head like a craving. I'm not sure if I should write it out, or bury it, or put the idea on a slip of paper and burn it out of existence. It's not linked thematically to anything I've written--or hope to write. It's an outlier.

Which makes me want to write it more even though the novelty frightens me.

Well, have you seen those weird new shoes people are wearing, with toes? A lot like gloves... :)Ha. Touché. Which means the notion might not be as strange as I thought. Or is it stranger? Because glove shoes? Not exactly the norm.

Ctairo
02-02-2012, 11:19 PM
No.
*sadness*

That's all I write.But based on the above, I understand. :D

Ctairo
02-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Actually, those gloves for your feet make a lot of sense.

Not if they're wooly. Or fingerless.

They force you to walk naturally as though you were barefoot instead of the way shoes make you heel walk which jars the joints and causes knee, hip, and back pain. Interesting. Are these fingershoes called something catchy? Like shloves? Toshoes?

And a story about David lee Roth sounds interesting, too.Ha! You sir, have just won the Internets. Polish the brass occasionally to keep up the shine.

Drachen Jager
02-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Interesting. Are these fingershoes called something catchy? Like shloves? Toshoes?

Close, not Toshoes, but Toe Shoes.

Toshoes reads wrong, I'd have the urge to pronounce it Toe-Shows.

MJNL
02-02-2012, 11:46 PM
These kinds of ideas are awesome! Let it simmer and flesh out in your mind for a while. I bet you'll come to love it, and eventually will see how it does tie into the kinds of stories you like to write (because, hey, he doesn't have to be the main focus, he could simply add flavor to something else.)

Ideas that are out of your norm are a good thing--it shows your neurons are firing in new ways, which can only help you as a writer.

Ctairo
02-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Close, not Toshoes, but Toe Shoes.

Hmm. I think they missed an opportunity bypassing "shloves."

Toshoes reads wrong, I'd have the urge to pronounce it Toe-Shows.I didn't see that before. Re-reading, I get to-shoes, which doesn't sound much like toe shoes at all.

Ctairo
02-03-2012, 12:31 AM
These kinds of ideas are awesome! Let it simmer and flesh out in your mind for a while. I bet you'll come to love it, and eventually will see how it does tie into the kinds of stories you like to write (because, hey, he doesn't have to be the main focus, he could simply add flavor to something else.)

Ideas that are out of your norm are a good thing--it shows your neurons are firing in new ways, which can only help you as a writer.
Can I say I love your enthusiasm? Wait, I believe I just did. :D

Thanks for the encouragement.

*embraces the idea of neurons firing*

swvaughn
02-03-2012, 02:49 AM

Immortalized forever...

+eleventybillionwithexclamationpoints for the ferret. :D

jaksen
02-03-2012, 04:26 AM

Now ask me why.

So do it.

A lot of my stories started out as a small sort of nothing that blossomed into a much bigger something.

jjdebenedictis
02-03-2012, 04:30 AM
Actually, those gloves for your feet make a lot of sense. They force you to walk naturally as though you were barefoot instead of the way shoes make you heel walk which jars the joints and causes knee, hip, and back pain. Also, my brother-in-law has diabetes and a lot of concerns about circulation. He started wearing them because they're less restrictive. (Plus he has an excuse to wear no socks at work, and he lives in a hot, muggy part of the world.)

quicklime
02-03-2012, 05:01 AM
I have a pair by vibram called Five Fingers, IIRC. They rock in summer, less in winter. The kids are mortified, but they are great for running, lifting, wet-wading, and just being more "natural".

They are far, far nicer than Skeletoes, which are harder and more restrictive

MJNL
02-03-2012, 07:14 AM
OMG, did you all see tonight's 30 Rock??? Liz's shoes...!

Ctairo
02-03-2012, 07:16 PM
@MJNL: Bah. Missed 30 Rock last night. I take it she had fingershoes. Toez!

@Quicklime: Five Fingers look weird but fun, so no wonder the kids are mortified.

@Jaksen: Thank you. I'm still too frightened by the idea to do much with it, but I do appreciate the encouragement.

Dr.Gonzo
02-03-2012, 07:24 PM
You should have him falling to bits. STDs and stuff. You know, like battering his credit card for lots of cool things, but he's still paying it off long after the cool stuff has broken and faded. He could have sexual scars and stuff. Every scar, wart, or pill leads to the story behind it.

Filigree
02-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Dorian Grey, updated.

Shadow_Ferret
02-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Not if they're wooly. Or fingerless.

Interesting. Are these fingershoes called something catchy? Like shloves? Toshoes?
.Depends on the brand. Fila calls them skele-toes (http://http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005PLGOEA/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/184-5125105-1367759).

Phaeal
02-03-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm an Equal Opportunity ideas person. Everything goes into the bunny hutch to age and intermingle at will. If it stays shiny, I'll eventually pull it back out.

ladyleeona
02-04-2012, 12:18 AM

:Wha:

...you mean that story ideas are supposed to make sense?

Crap.

I knew I was doing this all wrong.

ladyleeona
02-04-2012, 12:25 AM
I have a pair by vibram called Five Fingers, IIRC. They rock in summer, less in winter. The kids are mortified, but they are great for running, lifting, wet-wading, and just being more "natural".

They are far, far nicer than Skeletoes, which are harder and more restrictive

Fiance has a pair, and they kind of mortify me. Not because of how they look, but because I have to wear socks unless my footwear is of the sandal/stiletto/flip-flop variety. And toe-socks with finger shoes is impossible.

My feet no likey Five Fingers.

/derail

Ctairo
02-04-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm an Equal Opportunity ideas person. Everything goes into the bunny hutch to age and intermingle at will. If it stays shiny, I'll eventually pull it back out.
Thanks, Phaeal. Appreciate you taking the time to weigh in.

:Wha:

...you mean that story ideas are supposed to make sense?

Crap.

I knew I was doing this all wrong.
Ha! Duly noted. :D

Midian
02-07-2012, 01:22 AM
Bought a pair of Five Fingers on Clearance from Sport Chalet. I'd been told repeatedly how wonderful they are so I gave it a go.

They are only wonderful for people that don't have bunions. Otherwise, the rubber part that goes over your toes to protect them lands wrong on the big toenail, trying to force it back into your toe. Hurts like hell after 5 minutes.

But the first 5 minutes are *awesome*

I would say that would be pretty comparable to aging man-whores. ;)

Hiroko
02-07-2012, 07:35 AM
I had a dream a few weeks ago that I wrote something called the "Time Project" and made 7054 dollars off it.

Now I'm trying to figure out what it means...
So yeesss, I get these things from the air (and visions in my sleep), as well.

kenthepen
02-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Forget the money amount. think about what the "Time Project" might be. Or what it might relate to, or impact, or change in our lives as we know it.

I know you're a robot, but my paternal instinct wants you to be a little girl. Forgive my selfish, subjective manipulation of your self-image.