PDA

View Full Version : Lego Patterns

AZ_Dawn
01-31-2012, 04:56 AM
Building things with Legos is kind of artsy-crafty, right? If this is the wrong section for this subject, feel free to move the thread.

I'm looking for Lego patterns for my nephews. Google, of course, turned up millions of results, but only three or four of any use. Can anyone recommend some sites?

If it helps:
The instructions should at least be easy enough for a seven- or eight-year old to understand.
Patterns using rectangular Legos are prefered, but other brick shapes are acceptable.
I already know about the free ones on the official Lego site.
No weapons.
Thanks!

Shadowflame
02-01-2012, 11:16 PM
my boys never used patterns. They just built whatever they felt like. In fact, they still get out the blocks and build things. They are now 13 and 14 and have a huge tub of blocks!

Zaziki Sauce
02-02-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm still a huge fan of LEGO, and I agree with Shadowflame that you should encourage your nephews to build whatever fancies the imagination.

But . . . this site contains scans of basically all the instructions for LEGO sets that have been produced (more recent ones are not available): http://www.brickfactory.info/ (http://www.brickfactory.info/)

AZ_Dawn
02-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks, guys!

my boys never used patterns. They just built whatever they felt like. In fact, they still get out the blocks and build things. They are now 13 and 14 and have a huge tub of blocks!

I'm still a huge fan of LEGO, and I agree with Shadowflame that you should encourage your nephews to build whatever fancies the imagination.
Trust me, they already do that without encouragement! :D I don't print out a lot of patterns, and they're free to ignore them, follow them to the letter, or adapt them to their tastes. The oldest one, Damy, used a ketchup bottle pattern to make something green (relish, green salsa...I can't remember).

Desert Author
02-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Dawn,

I just called my daughter who used to spend hours building with Legos. She would also draw out her patterns, complete with dimensions, like a crazed architect. Because she has always saved everything, I asked her if she had any of those patterns.

Sadly, the answer was, no. However she said her best results came from winging it.

Sorry.

AZ_Dawn
02-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Darn! :(

Thanks anyway, Desert Author.

Xelebes
02-20-2012, 04:35 AM
Lego was always a hard time for me, but I know plenty who build quite a bit with it. They are avid lego-block collectors and build rather large structures out of them. They will likely not know of many "patterns" - they just wing it and build.