• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a co-writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

poeticjustice_2001

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I saw an old thread talking about co-writing and I thought "that's a great ideaa". It was really old so I'm posting a new one

I've been think for a while about co-writing and as I've learned from the comments here, there is potential for it to go wrong. I realize that an effective co-writing situation involves not only people with compatible personalities but also a like mindset about writing. But I've also heard some really great success stories and despite the potential pitfulls, some of the benefits are the support between writers and of course, have twice the creative writing power to get over those writer's blocks!

So, if anyone out there is interested, I'm here, keyboard ready.

I have quite a few story ideas ready, mostly paranormal romance and romance erotica erotica.. but I'm open to other stuff. I've only ever tried co-writing a short with a writer friend, but he wrote straight fantasy.
I'd love to try it again.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not really looking for a co-writer right now, but it might help others to decide whether they're interested if there's a sample of your work available somewhere. It's a pretty big leap of faith for someone to commit to even a short project with someone whose writing they've never seen. It's not just about ensuring that you have basic competency (your posts are probably enough to establish that) but also about writing styles, etc.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
poeticjustice_2001, we actually have a whole ROOM devoted to finding betas, CPs and co-authors. I'm going to port this over there so you have a better chance of finding someone. :) Good luck!

poeticjustice_2001

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not really looking for a co-writer right now, but it might help others to decide whether they're interested if there's a sample of your work available somewhere. It's a pretty big leap of faith for someone to commit to even a short project with someone whose writing they've never seen. It's not just about ensuring that you have basic competency (your posts are probably enough to establish that) but also about writing styles, etc.

Thanks for suggestion and I completely agree that it would help to see writing samples ahead of time! However, I don't know when I'll be comfortable when I'll be comfortable posting my work for public critique, since that's a requirement of putting your work up on the boards here. So I decided to go ahead and post looking for a co-writer for now.
I will definitely keep your suggestion in mind and after I get up the guts to put my work in the public critique section, if I haven't found a writing partner, I'll put out another post :)

poeticjustice_2001, we actually have a whole ROOM devoted to finding betas, CPs and co-authors. I'm going to port this over there so you have a better chance of finding someone. :) Good luck!

Thanks Cathy! For some reason I was thinking that forum was ONLY for finding beta readers and critiques. I appreciate the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.