Co-writing? any interest?

poeticjustice_2001

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I saw an old thread talking about co-writing and I thought "that's a great ideaa". It was really old so I'm posting a new one :)

I've been think for a while about co-writing and as I've learned from the comments here, there is potential for it to go wrong. I realize that an effective co-writing situation involves not only people with compatible personalities but also a like mindset about writing. But I've also heard some really great success stories and despite the potential pitfulls, some of the benefits are the support between writers and of course, have twice the creative writing power to get over those writer's blocks!

So, if anyone out there is interested, I'm here, keyboard ready.

I have quite a few story ideas ready, mostly paranormal romance and romance erotica erotica.. but I'm open to other stuff. I've only ever tried co-writing a short with a writer friend, but he wrote straight fantasy.
I'd love to try it again.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(poeticjustice, if I yield to the temptation to call you pj, will I be in trouble?)

It's none of my business, but I'd be curious to know if anybody's been in touch. If not, it could be because they can't see your fiction anyplace yet. That takes 50 posts and an hour or so for the server to reset and see you made it.

While I'm sure you'll reach the required 50 posts in due time, it's not a bad idea to be working on something you can post when you get there. One way might be to look at the various writing prompts I've been posting for a few months. You can use any of them, at any time, whatever strikes your fancy.

Sheesh, it's a new month. I need to come up with another one, don't it?

Maryn, scratching her head

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
I enjoy co-writing but it seems impossible to find someone who has similar taste and interests as me. And I think it would be essentially impossible to co-write with someone who didn't have very similar goals and interests.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I did co writing with me very close friend when we were teens it was mostly really crap really inexperienced romance (kind of like what we wanted our lives to be like almost).

I write paranormal romance come urban fantasy now.

I do really enjoy it, but as sunandshadow said it's so hard to find someone with similar interests and goals.

I'f you'd like to know a bit more about me to see if we're compatible just send me a PM, if not no harm done :) good luck with finding your co.

poeticjustice_2001

Registered
Reaction score
(poeticjustice, if I yield to the temptation to call you pj, will I be in trouble?)

It's none of my business, but I'd be curious to know if anybody's been in touch. If not, it could be because they can't see your fiction anyplace yet. That takes 50 posts and an hour or so for the server to reset and see you made it.

While I'm sure you'll reach the required 50 posts in due time, it's not a bad idea to be working on something you can post when you get there. One way might be to look at the various writing prompts I've been posting for a few months. You can use any of them, at any time, whatever strikes your fancy.

Sheesh, it's a new month. I need to come up with another one, don't it?

Maryn, scratching her head

Thanks for the advice, Miz Maryn. Sure call me PJ, everyone does in the AW chat, though I'm always tempting to claim my middle initial is B ;-)
I'll post something soon, since I passed 50 post the other day- yaay!

I enjoy co-writing but it seems impossible to find someone who has similar taste and interests as me. And I think it would be essentially impossible to co-write with someone who didn't have very similar goals and interests.

I completely understand. But there are as many different interests for writers as there are for readers :)

I did co writing with me very close friend when we were teens it was mostly really crap really inexperienced romance (kind of like what we wanted our lives to be like almost).

I write paranormal romance come urban fantasy now.

I do really enjoy it, but as sunandshadow said it's so hard to find someone with similar interests and goals.

I'f you'd like to know a bit more about me to see if we're compatible just send me a PM, if not no harm done :) good luck with finding your co.

Ok will do, thanks for the response !