Status
Not open for further replies.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rejections are aplenty for me.

If I read between the words, I think she didn't like it thought it was the kind of story she requested, and she didn't mention in her bio that she's ever sold a picturebook. Anybody willing to go take a look at it and give me their opinion would be very appreciated. I have a very tough skin. It's in the "Share" forum under children's.

I forgot to post the letter... here it is.

Ms. Wiesemeyer,

Thank you for your query regarding THE LADY AND THE WRITER. Unfortunately, I will have to pass at this time as I feel this material just isn’t right for me.

Best,

Jennifer Jaeger

On 11/26/05 12:03 PM, "writerterri"

I still think I'm going to a publisher, a small one. Another agent told me I should try that.

Thanks!

Terri

Last edited:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Terri,

I don't know your situation, but keep the faith and I know someday you'll get there. Just keep plugging away.

BTW - cute baby picture.

Jon

ANNIE

Registered
Reaction score
Terri, I am currently wallpapering a room in my house with my rejection letters, Yeah, we've all been there- actually I've never left!

Chin up, Annie

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
Rejections are aplenty for me.

If I read between the words, I think she didn't like it thought it was the kind of story she requested, and she didn't mention in her bio that she's ever sold a picturebook. Anybody willing to go take a look at it and give me their opinion would be very appreciated. I have a very tough skin. It's in the "Share" forum under children's.

I forgot to post the letter... here it is.

Ms. Wiesemeyer,

Thank you for your query regarding THE LADY AND THE WRITER. Unfortunately, I will have to pass at this time as I feel this material just isn’t right for me.

Best,

Jennifer Jaeger

On 11/26/05 12:03 PM, "writerterri"

I still think I'm going to a publisher, a small one. Another agent told me I should try that.

Thanks!

Terri

I think first time writers are better off without an agent for picture books. It's just real hard to attract an agent for this kind of book. The money is usually pretty small, publishers are lim,ited, and few agents bother with such books until after the writer has already sold one.

With picture books, I believe you are wise to approach publishers on your own.

Master Bedroom

Read your profile, that’s one big baby!

And one Babe! LOL!!!!!

I see you are from Los Vegas, Elvis Rocks!

Hey, I am thinking, that if I get one more rejection, that it is time to throw in the towel.:box:

I have an agent looking at my Novel and I am getting sick of waiting two months to find another, You suck, letter from an agent.

How does everybody do this?

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the comp! I hear you on that one Master it's a hard one to brake into. I'm going to the publishers. A small press usually is the way to go at first. I just wanted to get into the big guys with an agent and go for broke. Still broke- small press here comes writerterri...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Yes, we have plenty of Elvi- here, even female ones.

Take care

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Terri - keep trying.

emerald dragonfly

Registered
Reaction score
Terri,

keep writing! You're probably having an "off" time. LOL! My grandpa would say, "When the Earth is tilted, we all tend to go with it." :) Believe in yourself and the rest will follow.

emerald dragonfly

Status
Not open for further replies.