• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Starting a book and would like feeback

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsvickers

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I have began my first novel and have wrote my first two chapters and was wondering if anybody would read it and give me criticism on it?

Thanks much

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Welcome! This thread will likely be moved. The place to post request like that is called Beta Readers...

Also, once you have 50 posts, you can post a chapter in the relevant section of Share Your Work. Password is vista. You can enter that part of the site now, look at what other people say and try your hand at giving advice yourself. Also look at the relevant parts of the site for the book you're writing.

Good luck!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
It's a good idea to finish and edit it before looking for criticism too. Many manuscripts I see on SYW are full of grammatical and spelling errors, and it is very difficult to judge things like storytelling, plot, characterization etc. when I'm blinded by fundamental problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.