PDA

View Full Version : Anthology Call for Submissions - The Big Bad - $50 flat

John G. Hartness
01-25-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm publishing an anthology late in 2012, and am currently open to submissions. Here are the details.

Write the best bad guy story you can - it can be horror, science fiction, fantasy, urban fantasy, lit fic, whatever - but the main character must be the bad guy/girl. No misunderstood characters - straight-up evil only! Make it interesting, give me a twist, but give me EVIL!

No erotica. Some heat is okay, but no full-on erotica.

Stories should be 4-6,000 words. If it absolutely needs to run longer, please query first.

We acquire worldwide first print rights and exclusive digital rights for one year. After the year is up, you can release the story yourself digitally in any way you choose.

Payment is $50 plus two contributor copies. Payment will be made when anthology is published.

Submissions are open through July 31, 2012. Publication late 2012. Email submissions to johnhartness@gmail.com with Big Bad in the subject line.

Email questions to the same address. I'll check back here every few days but I respond to emails much faster.

Unimportant
01-25-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm publishing an anthology late in 2011
Er, mate, ya kinda missed the boat on that one.....

John G. Hartness
01-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Fair enough - fixed the date. Thanks.

Zelenka
01-26-2012, 01:07 AM
Sounds fun, I will have to have a think about this one!

Unimportant
01-26-2012, 01:12 AM
John, who's the publisher for this?

thekingsguard
01-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Sounds fun - I may have to whip something up for this

John G. Hartness
01-26-2012, 05:03 PM
John, who's the publisher for this?

I am. I'm branching out my Falstaff Books imprint to publish some anthology stuff that isn't just my work. I'll use CreateSpace for the printed editions, hire an outside copy editor and cover artist just like I do for my novels, and do the uploads and marketing myself.

Tomspy77
01-27-2012, 10:49 PM
I'd like to try my hand at this one, horror spits out when I type fiction so a big bad may not be be so hard to imagine...

John G. Hartness
07-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Update on The Big Bad Anthology -

Kerlak Publishing, a small press out of Memphis, TN has now bought this anthology, and will be serving as the publisher. Kerlak publishes the annual steampunk anthology Dreams of Steam, and now will pick this up as part of their anthology line. I'm very happy to be working with them, and equally happy to not have to deal with typesetting.

The only change in submissions coming from this is that we will now accept submissions up to 8,000 words in length.

Payment remains $50 and 2 contributor's copies, $20 and 2 copies for pieces under 2,000 words.

Deadline remains 7/31/2012.

thekingsguard
07-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Update on The Big Bad Anthology -

Kerlak Publishing, a small press out of Memphis, TN has now bought this anthology, and will be serving as the publisher. Kerlak publishes the annual steampunk anthology Dreams of Steam, and now will pick this up as part of their anthology line. I'm very happy to be working with them, and equally happy to not have to deal with typesetting.

The only change in submissions coming from this is that we will now accept submissions up to 8,000 words in length.

Payment remains $50 and 2 contributor's copies, $20 and 2 copies for pieces under 2,000 words.

Deadline remains 7/31/2012.

Thrilled to know you're still taking entires - I should ahve a story finished soon that would fit quite nicely with the anthology.

Filigree
02-21-2016, 06:56 PM
Updating this thread. Has anyone worked with Falstaff recently?