Status
Not open for further replies.

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Is anyone else doing both fiction and non-fiction for Kindle/Nook/et. al.? If so, is there a very distinct difference in sales between the two? So far I've focused on non-fiction, but I just published my first romance novella (something I've wanted to do for a long time). I'm trying to decide where to put my focus, i.e. on the second book in the series or on my next non-fiction theme park guide.

Thus far my non-fiction books are selling okay, so it will be interesting to see what happens with the novella. I'd love to hear from others who are also dabbling on both sides of the fence.

Nick Russell

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I have one novel and four nonfiction books on the Amazon Kindle store and Smashwords. The novel is outselling the other four books together by more than 30 to 1.

inkkognito

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Fiction might just be more lucrative than I thought. I just uploaded the book yesterday; didn't do any promotion yet and it sold 2 copies. I'm getting to work on #2 in the series.

Jonathan Figaro

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone else doing both fiction and non-fiction for Kindle/Nook/et. al.? If so, is there a very distinct difference in sales between the two? So far I've focused on non-fiction, but I just published my first romance novella (something I've wanted to do for a long time). I'm trying to decide where to put my focus, i.e. on the second book in the series or on my next non-fiction theme park guide.

Thus far my non-fiction books are selling okay, so it will be interesting to see what happens with the novella. I'd love to hear from others who are also dabbling on both sides of the fence.

How are you selling your non-fiction book? Are you selling it off your website? Blog? Amazon? Barnes and Nobles? Whats up?

inkkognito

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Two of my non-fiction books are in the Kindle exclusive program and two are on both Kindle and Nook. I promote them via social media and my Examiner column, where I have a big following of people who are interested in the topic. I also plug them on my blogs and will eventually expand that to one of my websites. They're doing pretty good, so that's why I'm curious on how the fiction will play out.

Norman D Gutter

Engineer Sonneteer
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidatodd.com
My non-fiction book isn't selling at all. 27 copies in eight months, though with limited promotion. But then neither is my short story. I have a second short story going up before the end of the month, and a novel next month. Working on another novel and another non-fiction book simultaneously.

NDG

inkkognito

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
The romance is selling at about the same pace as the non-fiction books right now. It hasn't been out as long, so I'm impressed because it took the others a little while to hit their stride. It also had a sale in the UK today, which surprises me. I never thought much about the international market, even though I make it available there.

lady_K

It's all about the F.A.M.I.L.Y :)
Registered
Reaction score
Fiction is definitely hot right now, especially if it's romance

Status
Not open for further replies.