PDA

View Full Version : Draw a house - Personality Quiz

mdin
12-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Click this (http://www.drawahouse.com/takethetest/index.asp?street=241a98ff76d29a43185be6492daab8c3) and follow the instructions, and it will tell you your personality.

Everyone who draws a picture will have their house put on Absolute Write Street, which is here (http://www.drawahouse.com/streets/Absolute-Write-Street/).

You can't beat my house in coolness, but you can try.

Maryn
12-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Right now they're overloaded with traffic and have suspended the draw-a-house feature. I'll check back later--it's much too cold to keep camping out (unless I visit you in Tucson).

Maryn, who used to live there

mdin
12-12-2005, 08:51 PM
grrrrrr. It's because of Fark.com. That's where I got the link in the first place.

MacAllister
12-12-2005, 08:55 PM
heh--I mustv'e gotten mine done in the nick of time....I take some issue with the personality-test portion of the exercise.

Dawno
12-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Mac crashed it!! ;)

MacAllister
12-12-2005, 09:05 PM
I told you the personalityquiz part looked extremely suspect. For one thing, the "fatal server error" seemed a bit insulting.

Sarita
12-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Mac, how on earth did you draw such a detailed house?

ETA: I didn't agree with the personality part. The questions didn't seem to apply to my house. Like the windows, many small or one large open or closed? I had many windows, some small, some large, all open. But I like my house :)

My-Immortal
12-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, that was fun. :) Nice, peaceful house in the woods...

Now, back to life. lol

take care all -

brokenfingers
12-12-2005, 10:13 PM
I didn't agree with the personality part. The questions didn't seem to apply to my house. Like the windows, many small or one large open or closed? I had many windows, some small, some large, all open. But I like my house :)I agree. My personality part wasn't too accurate either.

Oh, except for the studmuffin part...

StoryG27
12-12-2005, 10:15 PM
You are sensitive and indecisive at times. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You are shy and reserved. If you've drawn a cross on each of windows, you always want to live alone. You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends. Your life is always full of changes.

When it comes to love, you shut yourself off. It's difficult to win your heart because you have decided to keep your feelings deep inside. You see the world as it is, not as you believe it should be.

You added a flower into your drawing. The flower signifies that you long for love. We also see that you are sensuous, sexual, and privately passionate. You don't think much about yourself.
Actually, mine was fairly close to the real me. It's all in fun of course, but I was shocked after reading the replies here that mine was a decent indicator of my personality.

Richard
12-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Aaaaaaand cue non-supported psychobabble!

You are sensitive and indecisive at times. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You love your house and family. You are a gifted artist as well. Once you have a problem, you need a friend with you. Your life is always full of changes. Once you have a problem, you need a friend with you. Your life is always full of changes.

You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. You love excitement and create it wherever you go. You see the world as it is, not as you believe it should be.

You are not a romantic person by nature. It also safe to say that others don't see you as a flirt. You don't think much about yourself.

Sorry, I stopped reading at...

You are a gifted artist

Although I did laugh at the doubled-up 'your life is always full of changes'. Not here, it's not!

My-Immortal
12-12-2005, 10:43 PM
"Your house tells the world that you ought to be a leader. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You are shy and reserved. If you've drawn a cross on each of windows, you always want to live alone. You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends. Your life is always full of changes.

You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. You love excitement and create it wherever you go. You see the world as it is, not as you believe it should be.

You added a flower into your drawing. The flower signifies that you long for love. It also safe to say that others don't see you as a flirt. You don't think much about yourself."

Not too bad...I didn't mind living alone when I was single - but now that I'm married with kids I prefer living with them. :) The rest is fairly accurate execpt for the last part. I don't have an inflated (or deflated) sense of myself - I'm just me (no more, no less). I wouldn't say I am VERY tidy - but I'm not a slob either.

Interesting...and it was fun to draw again (though any little bump of the mouse messed up the straight lines! LOL)

Take care all -

Unique
12-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Here's my personality:

Your house tells the world that you ought to be a leader. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. You love excitement and create it wherever you go.<<<They say that like it's a good thing. Once you have a problem, you need a friend with you. son.

You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. <<<They got this part totally wrong. Unless you count here. You love excitement and create it wherever you go. You see the world as it is, not as you believe it should be.

You are not a romantic person by nature. It also safe to say that others don't see you as a flirt.<<<<<Too bad. I try real hard. You don't think much about yourself.

Lyra Jean
12-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Based on your drawing and the 10 answers you gave this is a summary of your personality:
Your house tells the world that you ought to be a leader. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You are shy and reserved. If you've drawn a cross on each of windows, you always want to live alone. You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends. Your life is always full of changes.

You are not a romantic person by nature. We also see that you are sensuous, sexual, and privately passionate. You don't think much about yourself.
http://www.drawahouse.com/images/shim.gifhttp://www.drawahouse.com/images/shim.gif

BlackCrowesChick
12-12-2005, 11:51 PM
That was fun. Some of my personality test was right, but some of it was way off. Here's what it told me:
Based on the drawing and the 10 answers they gave this is a summary of their personality:
You are sensitive and indecisive at times. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. You love excitement and create it wherever you go. You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends. Your life is always full of changes.

You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. You love excitement and create it wherever you go. You have a strong personality and you like to command, influence and control people.

You added a flower into your drawing. The flower signifies that you long for love. It also safe to say that others don't see you as a flirt. You don't think much about yourself.

My-Immortal
12-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Did everyone get the last line: "You don't think much about yourself."

LOL

Take care all -

rhymegirl
12-13-2005, 12:12 AM
This is what I got for personality:

"You are sensitive and indecisive at times. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You are shy and reserved. If you've drawn a cross on each of windows, you always want to live alone. You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends.

You added a flower into your drawing. The flower signifies that you long for love. It also safe to say that others don't see you as a flirt. You don't think much about yourself."

Gee thanks, was what I thought of that last line. Some of it is accurate but some is not.

I agree with what some people have said about the choices in that quiz. When asked whether we drew a bunch of small windows or one large one, I thought, Neither! I drew 2 small windows, not a bunch of them. But that wasn't one of the choices. When they asked, Did you draw a fence? I thought, No, because we weren't told to draw a fence.

And I agree that some of you drew really nice houses!! Mine looks like a trailer or something.

Sarita
12-13-2005, 12:20 AM
Mine is a work of art too, Kathy! teehee. But I like your yellow dress! :)

reph
12-13-2005, 12:25 AM
Did everyone get the last line: "You don't think much about yourself."
A strange thing to say to people who volunteered to take a personality test, huh?

rhymegirl
12-13-2005, 12:26 AM
Mine is a work of art too, Kathy! teehee. But I like your yellow dress! :)

Nothing wrong with yours, Sara. I had trouble holding the paintbrush. I guess I have unsteady hands. Too much caffeine!! But some people here are true artists!

Yes, that's my yellow gardening dress, don't ya know. I thought yellow would be cheerful and yet they still told me I don't think much of myself. Go figure!

Shadow_Ferret
12-13-2005, 12:42 AM
Based on your drawing and the 10 answers you gave this is a summary of your personality:
You are sensitive and indecisive at times. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You are shy and reserved. If you've drawn a cross on each of windows, you always want to live alone. Once you have a problem, you need a friend with you. son.

You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. You love excitement and create it wherever you go. You have a strong personality and you like to command, influence and control people.

You are not a romantic person by nature. It also safe to say that others don't see you as a flirt. You don't think much about yourself.

My-Immortal
12-13-2005, 12:46 AM
Boy, we live on a rather interesting 'street', don't we? :) Nice castle, treehouse and T-P - and Rhymegirl, what a bright yellow dress you have! Hmmm...I feel a little underdressed with my black jeans a blue sweatshirt. LOL

Take care all -

threedogpeople
12-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Your house tells the world that you ought to be a leader. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. You love excitement and create it wherever you go. You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends. Your life is always full of changes.

You added a flower into your drawing. The flower signifies that you long for love. It also safe to say that others don't see you as a flirt. You don't think much about yourself.

My profile was vaguely accurate but that last sentence would be pretty hard to live up to. As writers, don't we need to think about ourselves (analyze our lives, experiences, etc.)? Or, maybe I am just "doing it wrong"? Maybe I have been trying too hard. Maybe I haven't been trying hard enough. Maybe I have....owww, owwww, I have a headache from all of this thinking about myself.

As far as all of you, WOW! there are some absolutely amazing houses on our street. I am humbled by your creativity.

Judy

Myimmortal, I didn't copy your house or your answers, must have been ESP or dumb luck on my part.

reph
12-13-2005, 01:18 AM
The "Building your house, please wait" message hung on my screen so long that I gave up and closed the window. My house didn't appear on the street when I checked. It looked amazingly like Mac's, down to having a chimney at the left, except that Mac made a vegetable garden and I made landscaping, which, incidentally, I did before reaching the "Make a garden" page.

Drawing with a touchpad is imprecise.

brokenfingers
It's just a guess, but I believe if you didn't draw yourself as big as your house, that triggers the "don't think much about yourself" response.

So much for trying to be artistic. Hmph!

I'm laying on a lawn chair in front of my house enjoying a cold one.

My-Immortal
Myimmortal, I didn't copy your house or your answers, must have been ESP or dumb luck on my part.

LOL - no problem. <listens to the Twilight Zone music in the background> :)

RubyRoo
12-13-2005, 01:35 AM
You are sensitive and indecisive at times. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. You love excitement and create it wherever you go. Once you have a problem, you need a friend with you. Your life is always full of changes.

arrowqueen
12-13-2005, 01:43 AM
Hmm. I built an ordinary house and got one personality, then I went off, gave myself a Frnch title and built myself a castle - and, bigod, I got the same personality again.

No fooling this lot, is there.

arrowqueen
12-13-2005, 01:44 AM
Or could it be - gasp! - that there's only about 3 personalities to choose from?

TemlynWriting
12-13-2005, 01:50 AM
You are sensitive and indecisive at times. You are good at making friends and when the joyful moment arrives, you make the most out of it. You love your house and family. You are a gifted artist as well. Once you have a problem, you need a friend with you. Your life is always full of changes. You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends. Your life is always full of changes.

It's somewhat accurate, though I do like being alone or with one or two close family/friends at a time. My house hasn't yet shown up on the street, though it said it would, so in case it doesn't appear, here it is.

http://drawahouse.com/houses/2005/12/12/60073_t.gif
Click here to view my house (http://drawahouse.com/houses/show.asp?houseID=60073&houseHash=ebe05f357524c6326f84655bf7f6a8d7)

rhymegirl
12-13-2005, 02:06 AM
...and Rhymegirl, what a bright yellow dress you have!

Thanks. I'm gonna wear it to the AW get-together.

TemlynWriting
12-13-2005, 02:36 AM
'k, guess I'd better create a new one or something, because mine's still not showing up. Hmm. How annoying, since it said it was added to the street. Oh well. Maybe it doesn't like Firefox or something.

Sarita
12-13-2005, 02:38 AM
OMG- Nav... I love your ex's house...

My favorite house name is Fred. And my favorite house, thus far is Tri's Rental. Great work, Chris! Can I come visit?

triceretops
12-13-2005, 02:55 AM
Oh, gee, thanks. Come to visit? Dang, girl, give me the blueprints and I'll hammer another for you! Actually that last castle is sooooooo hot. And check it out, there are other communities that are more popular than ours, such as Fark Street. When I went to Fark street I blue my coffee all oe'r the place. You'll see why. doh! (Somebody actually taught me how to make snow capped mountains on absolutewrite Street. See if you can find them.

Tri

trumancoyote
12-13-2005, 03:34 AM
That was so fun!

... and does a giant venus fly-trap count as a flower?

Yeshanu
12-13-2005, 04:29 AM
You are sensitive and indecisive at times. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You will avoid being alone and seek the company of others whenever possible. You love excitement and create it wherever you go. Once you have a problem, you need a friend with you. Your life is always full of changes.

It's just a guess, but I believe if you didn't draw yourself as big as your house, that triggers the "don't think much about yourself" response.

But then how am I supposed to fit in the house? I'm big enough as it is...

Our street reminds me of this book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0833506889/ref=sib_rdr_fc/103-4850382-3871806?%5Fencoding=UTF8&p=S001&j=0#reader-page

rhymegirl
12-13-2005, 05:06 AM
And my favorite house, thus far is Tri's Rental. Great work, Chris! Can I come visit?

Yes, Tri, that is one cool house! Love the tree, too. And is that a mountain in the background? My goodness, such detail. My house looks like Povertyville or like it belongs on Low Brow Street in comparison. Got any extra rooms in that house?

reph
12-13-2005, 05:53 AM
Some people got straight lines. How did you make that happen? My straight lines looked drunk.

Pat~
12-13-2005, 06:31 AM
http://drawahouse.com/houses/2005/12/13/68106_t.gif
Click here to view my house (http://drawahouse.com/houses/show.asp?houseID=68106&houseHash=57c1f59034c11fec4169138db42d0637)

Not sure if I did the above correctly, but I drew a Texas limestone (my house, actually) and came up with this personality profile:

Your house tells the world that you ought to be a leader. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You are shy and reserved. If you've drawn a cross on each of windows, you always want to live alone. You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends. Your life is always full of changes.

When it comes to love, you shut yourself off. It's difficult to win your heart because you have decided to keep your feelings deep inside. You see the world as it is, not as you believe it should be.

Parts of this seem to match; some not so much...the drawing was fun, though, even though it was a challenge without a mouse.

reph
12-13-2005, 08:03 AM
I drew another house. The site didn't accept that one, either. I suppose I have the wrong browser. Too bad they don't announce the requirements before you start.

writerterri
12-13-2005, 08:10 AM
When I was done the narrator for the personality test asked for my phone number.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_6_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZUxdm080YYUS)

aruna
12-13-2005, 10:09 AM
This is what I got for personality:

"You are sensitive and indecisive at times. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You are shy and reserved. If you've drawn a cross on each of windows, you always want to live alone. You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends.

Except for the "tidy" bit, mine was exactly the same as yours. I'm amazed at some of the houses. A couple of them are so detailed and exquisitley exectuted. I wouldn't have had the patience, nor the steady hand!

aruna
12-13-2005, 10:14 AM
http://drawahouse.com/houses/2005/12/13/68106_t.gif
Click here to view my house (http://drawahouse.com/houses/show.asp?houseID=68106&houseHash=57c1f59034c11fec4169138db42d0637)

Yours is one of the hosues I admired... it's simply amazing!
I also adore Land of a Thousand hellos, and Mac's place.
This is mine:

http://drawahouse.com/houses/2005/12/13/72680_t.gif
Click here to view my house (http://drawahouse.com/houses/show.asp?houseID=72680&houseHash=0197d547ad19bd5bf8f061c69e555c98)

mkcbunny
12-13-2005, 10:14 AM
My test was fairly accurate, except for the part about seeking out company and bringing excitement wherever I go. Anyone who knows me knows that I have to be dragged to parites and I am not exciting.

Love some of those houses. Caves, castles. Wow. I had to get past drawing on the track pad. Not so fun. And there was no option for "enormous garden out back," which I wanted in my fun house.

mdin
12-13-2005, 10:22 AM
A couple of them are so detailed and exquisitley exectuted. I wouldn't have had the patience, nor the steady hand!

lol. You say that and then you pull off one of the coolest houses.

That and the treehouse and the castles and the smurf house are the best.

mdin
12-13-2005, 10:42 AM
lol, MkBunny. Is that you passed out in your garden?

mkcbunny
12-13-2005, 11:15 AM
lol, MkBunny. Is that you passed out in your garden?
I was supposed to be lying down. I was too far along with "passed out me" before I realized that there was an "undo" function. And I went to art school. LOL. Actually, for our graduation-class exhibit, my husband and I did a joint Etch-a-Sketch drawing. You would think I would be good at this. But that track pad is a bit challenging.

That house is supposed to be a house [middle], with an art studio for him [on the right], and a secluded office tower for me [on the left]. Out back there's a big garden.

aruna
12-13-2005, 11:33 AM
My test was fairly accurate, except for the part about seeking out company and bringing excitement wherever I go. Anyone who knows me knows that I have to be dragged to parites and I am not exciting.

Love some of those houses. Caves, castles. Wow. I had to get past drawing on the track pad. Not so fun. And there was no option for "enormous garden out back," which I wanted in my fun house.

I wanted to have a beach and waves but couldn't fit them n, so at least I named the house after the sea.

The personality tense doesn't make sense. Consider these two sentences in my profle; they contradict each other. In real life, the first sentence is correct but not the second.

You are shy and reserved. If you've drawn a cross on each of windows, you always want to live alone. ....

reph
12-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Uh-oh. I just noticed mkcbunny's new epithet:

xxxxx x xxxx xxx

aruna
12-13-2005, 12:22 PM
xxxxx x xxxx xxx

Don't start that again... please.....!

talking of McBunny - love her avatar!

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse
12-13-2005, 03:51 PM
well, this is me:

You are sensitive and indecisive at times. You are good at making friends and when the joyful moment arrives, you make the most out of it. You are shy and reserved. If you've drawn a cross on each of windows, you always want to live alone. You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends. Your life is always full of changes.

ppphhhffff.....

- see my house - the house of finite problems

its actually based on some of my designs for a house, anyone spot the incredibly phallic symbols gets a free headache...

Pat~
12-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Yours is one of the hosues I admired... it's simply amazing!
I also adore Land of a Thousand hellos, and Mac's place.
This is mine:

http://drawahouse.com/houses/2005/12/13/72680_t.gif
Click here to view my house (http://drawahouse.com/houses/show.asp?houseID=72680&houseHash=0197d547ad19bd5bf8f061c69e555c98)

Aruna, I love your house! It's happy and colorful and looks so secure all nestled in between those trees and flowers!

Thanks for your kind comment...I had an advantage, in a sense, in that hubby and I actually designed our house 7 years ago, so I'm pretty familiar with all the nooks and crannies, though I had to leave some of them out of the drawing. There are supposed to be two tall windows on either side of the front chimney, and my daughter's room (a second story dormer above the front window) got left out, too. That touch pad is too tricky!

This is really fun seeing the creativity in so many of these drawings. Love the treehouse!

awatkins
12-13-2005, 07:54 PM
The Bird's Eye View was cute! I love the angle. lol

My house is just down the street from Tri's rental. I think I'm gonna see if he has any vacancies. :D

MadScientistMatt
12-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Some test. It can't even tell the difference between a perspective drawing and a floorplan. (Unfortunately, the floorplan house isn't on Absolute Write Street.)

I must say we have some real artists here. I didn't realize how many people here are good at drawing.

Yeshanu
12-14-2005, 01:31 AM
I really like the Texas Limestone and Tri's treehouse. Anyone want to trade for a cave?

mkcbunny
12-14-2005, 11:11 AM
To answer a few queries, I did not make that avatar. My husband found it out in the world of public avatars and sent it to me.

triceretops
12-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Oh, I dunno. I think Lottery Towers and the Texas Limestone win hands down for authenticity. Smurf house is cute too. I love the Absolutewrite ladies, who are all out there in their Sunday Best. And here I thought RG only wore black. Looks like that's yellow chiffon to me.

Tri

MacAllister
12-14-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm with Matt--I'm so impressed at some of you people's drawings! Woo-woo!

If the writing thing doesn't pan out...

three seven
12-14-2005, 11:04 PM
I don't like my house.

Sarita
12-14-2005, 11:07 PM
I don't like my house.Me either. I think I'm going to get my mouse (none of this touch pad nonsense) and try again for the real thing...

rhymegirl
12-14-2005, 11:12 PM
And here I thought RG only wore black. Looks like that's yellow chiffon to me.

Tri

Yes, that's my yellow chiffon dress. Like it?

Well, yeah, I do prefer to wear black. ;)

three seven
12-14-2005, 11:26 PM
I thought RG only wore black.Yeah, me too. Must be something to do with her avatar. :Smack:

rhymegirl
12-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Three, he is referring to something exchanged between us in another thread. It had something to do with Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.

three seven
12-14-2005, 11:32 PM
I love it when someone takes a simple lighthearted comment and explains why it wasn't funny...

rhymegirl
12-14-2005, 11:34 PM
I love it when someone takes a simple lighthearted comment and explains why it wasn't funny...

All right you. I know what you were trying to say.

PeeDee
12-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Your house tells the world that you ought to be a leader. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You love your house and family. You are a gifted artist as well. Once you have a problem, you need a friend with you. Your life is always full of changes. You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends. Your life is always full of changes.

They forgot to mention that I'm a chronically bad artist, and that my artwork is outlawed by the articles of war. But anyway, I now have Picasso Mansion threatening to fall over on the rest of 21 AW Street.