PDA

View Full Version : Simply Sports Talk is looking for writers

knightrunnermat
01-20-2012, 08:28 PM
I currently write for a sports website and we are looking to expand our base of writers. More specifically, we need a fantasy sports expert to help put together a few pages of web copy that would be a supplement to a book that the site is publishing. If you are interested, please send me an email at m_g_young (@) yahoo.com with your writing experience and a sample of your sports writing work.

http://simplysports-talk.com is the url of the site. Feel free to look around and PM me with any questions or just post them in this thread. I will answer your questions to the best of my ability or pass them on to the owner.

We really look forward to seeing your submissions. We will get back to you ASAP.

thekingsguard
01-24-2012, 07:36 PM
A couple questions.

One, is the position strictly writing about fantasy sports?

Two, said postion is unpaid, yes?

PorterStarrByrd
01-24-2012, 07:53 PM
knightrunnermatt makes me wonder if it's a series of clues that you have been in Eugene, or maybe Beaverton..

just wunderin ...

knightrunnermat
01-24-2012, 11:52 PM
A couple questions.

One, is the position strictly writing about fantasy sports?

Two, said postion is unpaid, yes?

Yes, the position is unpaid for now. The guys that run the site have been trying to epub a short book on the kindle every few months. So a little bit of money comes in that way.

The position is not strictly writing about fantasy sports. That would be your first assignment, but you are free to tackle anything sports related to post in their blog format. The fantasy section is just a supplement to the ebook that we are currently working on, so that would be a priority, but it's not the only thing that you would be allowed to work on.

The guys that own the site are pretty open to any ideas you might have as far as content goes. I hope that answers your question.

knightrunnermat
01-24-2012, 11:53 PM
knightrunnermatt makes me wonder if it's a series of clues that you have been in Eugene, or maybe Beaverton..

just wunderin ...

Hey,

My name is derived from the college I went to. I ran cross country and track there. Our school mascot was the knights. And my name is Matt. Nothing too in depth.

thekingsguard
01-25-2012, 02:09 AM
Yes, the position is unpaid for now. The guys that run the site have been trying to epub a short book on the kindle every few months. So a little bit of money comes in that way.

The position is not strictly writing about fantasy sports. That would be your first assignment, but you are free to tackle anything sports related to post in their blog format. The fantasy section is just a supplement to the ebook that we are currently working on, so that would be a priority, but it's not the only thing that you would be allowed to work on.

The guys that own the site are pretty open to any ideas you might have as far as content goes. I hope that answers your question.

Glad to hear, I may not be an authority on fantasy sports, but I have no shortage of sports article ideas.

PorterStarrByrd
01-25-2012, 02:42 AM
Hey,

My name is derived from the college I went to. I ran cross country and track there. Our school mascot was the knights. And my name is Matt. Nothing too in depth.

Our HS school mascot was also the Silver Knight (Sterling HS, NJ) and I ran XC there. Thought there might be a Phil Knight theme in your name there as he ran at the U of O way back just before I got there.

I have written sports in HS, AFRTS, and U of Oregon but am not much into deadlines anymore. Also have a pretty good handle on fantasy leagues and officiated sports for over 20 years. (MLB spring training, Coll buckets and JC football were high watermarks. Did national and world tournament fast pitch softball tournaments. Also did soccer and lacrosse. Hung out with guys who did ice hockey and wrestling too) Even broadcast a soccer game ONCE.

For a sample of what I do, you might check out the Cute Umpire Tricks in the blog in my sig. Your are free to tranport it (with creds) as you wish. I'm not really applying for the job as, again I met enough deadlines in the past 60+ years.

Good luck in what you are doing though ..

Silver King
01-25-2012, 05:18 AM
If you'd like, knight, please feel free to start a thread in the Sports and Fitness room (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=121) and share a link to this discussion. It would be best not to duplicate the original post of this thread, but you can say something like, SK said it's okay for me to direct your attention to this thread.

Or something like that.

Good luck with the website!