• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

CoOpFilm Productions

charlie316

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone ever had any dealings with Coop films and/or Lou Di Giorgio? He has requested a two page synopsis of my script with the view to option it. I've been had before by Sultan Ahmed of Livestock Entertainment and don't want to be had again. BTW, stay away from Sultan and Livestock a complete waste of time. Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Charlie.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Link: http://www.coopfilm.com/contact.htm.

For some reason I could only access it via Google's cache.

There's some info on Lou di Giorgio here:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2250193/resume

We are specialized in International Movie Production with an emphasis on the Canary Islands (home of "The Clash of the Titans", "La decisión de los Lupano", "El Clan". Presently looking for investors for our upcoming project "Tenerife South".

Courtesy of Google's automatic translation, here's an extract from an article about La decision de los Lupano:

The film, whose director and screenwriter is Nerses Ferrera, has its origin in the commitment of a large number of professionals of the island, to the difficulties facing the industry, have decided to collaborate in producing a quality film. [SIZE=+0]The aim is that this tape as a reference and open the door to further negotiations to occur other films in Tenerife.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]None of the participants receive any remuneration for their work. [/SIZE][SIZE=+0]They, however, with the special collaboration of the Canary Islands Film Company, which handles the management tasks and organization of the shoot, as well as providing technical and logistical material, and the Italian-born producer Lou Degirogi. [/SIZE][SIZE=+0]The City of La Orotava has also been paid to work on the project by providing access to different sites and cutting the tracks where the recordings will be made.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
http://www.acdigital.es/noticia/2011-07-27/la-decision-de-los-lupano

So it wasn't a commercial feature film.

Di Giorgio's other film El Clan hasn't been released yet, but this Optimim Online article suggests that no-one was paid for their participation:

Lou Di Giorgio, a cinematography veteran, has been investing in new film technology since 2004. Besides contributing hundreds of thousands of US dollars to fund "El Clan," and co-producing also Nersas Ferrera's "The Lupano's Decision", he has rented equipment such as RED ONE digital cinematography cameras and accessories to FCI. He has helped the teams gain confidence in the use of this innovative technology, which allows cost-efficient production without compromising quality. Says Di Giorgio, "We're really excited about 'El Clan,' because it was a labor of love for so many of us. But it takes more than love to market a film to an international audience. We're still actively seeking additional investors who want to be part of a worthwhile and potentially very lucrative film project. We also need distributors for international release."....

A point of pride for the filmmakers, Di Giorgio notes, is that "El Clan" was made with very limited resources without any sacrifice of quality, and it was completed in only a few months. "We couldn't have done it without the free support of dozens of enthusiastic people," he says. "Everyone worked together, and the result is a shocking action-thriller movie that viewers all over the world will eat up."

http://finance.optonline.net/optonline/?ChannelID=6721&GUID=20203760&Page=MediaViewer

If Lou di Giorgio is a 'cinematography veteran' it's odd that he doesn't mention any film credits other than El Clan and Lupano on his CV.

barkerking

Registered
Reaction score
Avoid this guy!
I had to suffer him during the production of "El Clan". We used to make fun about him because he acted very goofy and nobody respected him. What a moron! Is a poor man that believes he is the new David O'Selznick.
In the past he created a lot of trouble to other production companies lying about a project that involved Patrick Dempsey.Dempsey's agents threatened to sue him if he didn't remove the press releases he was sending to Variety and other medie about that movie project the actor never had agreed.
Also heard some buzz that he is being prosecuted by tax evasion in Switzerland. Not cool to get involved with that kind of people.

Last edited:

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
barkerking, you're new here. One thing we don't do is throw around accusations of criminal conduct without backing them up with more than rumour. I highly recommend that you edit your post.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone ever had any dealings with Coop films and/or Lou Di Giorgio? He has requested a two page synopsis of my script with the view to option it. I've been had before by Sultan Ahmed of Livestock Entertainment and don't want to be had again. BTW, stay away from Sultan and Livestock a complete waste of time. Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Charlie.

I would be wary to be honest.

Reading the website they are all about 'low budget' while at the same time they are looking for investors on everypage.

I had a flick through the website, and found the gallery intersting - none of the images were labeled - so they could have been of anything, and the caption at the top of the page invites people to apply to work on the films with the 'winning' criteria being the people who have the highest number of facebook friends:

Just apply for our next shooting and we will select the 3 persons with the highest "friends" score on Facebook.

Turn your dreams into a real experience on the field of the filming industry and take part for few days in our exciting and crazy world.

Of the two movies they appear to have made - El Clan only had a budget of e500k (according to IMDB) - and there were nearly 80 people listed as working on the project - so someone wasn't getting paid.

In addition, Lou Di Giorgio is only listed as ever having worked professionally, in any capacity, on that one movie, so there's nothing to guage his experience on.

I couldn't find much on the other movie to be honest.

In all, there's not a lot on the website to go on.