PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy (Steampunkish) Short Story Writer Wanted [$0.02 per word]

Sirion
01-20-2012, 05:54 AM
Hi there, I'm looking for a writer who can write short stories for my company's (FireGlass Entertainment, LLC) website (www.erenor.com (http://www.erenor.com)).

Basic Information:
An ideal candidate would be able to write a self-contained story 3,000 (more or less) words in length, that fits in the game-universe already in place. Basically small scale stories rather than 'save the world' stories that would change the entire game's storyline.

Basic Setting:
The setting is a world where magic has existed since the beginning of civilization--so the world took a different evolution in terms of science. For example, while the world includes swordfights, dragons, over-the-top-heavy-fantasy armor and such, many modern technologies do exist (air travel, limit firearms, lights) but these technologies are almost always powered by or enhanced by magic in some way.

Contact & Payment
I'd be willing to discuss specific ideas via e-mail, phone, or internet chat.

The rate would be $0.02 per word. You would be paid via wire transfer, western union, or paypal (whichever is convenient). The arrangement would probably be $30 up front from us, and the remaining money after the work has been edited and delivered. Candidates with experience are preferred, but good writing trumps all. In addition, I can also provide concept images of some characters and locations so that a writer can be better oriented in the world.

While the work's rights would belong to FireGlass, you would be credited with writing it.

If you are interested you can e-mail me at ttcleveland@erenor.com for more information, or post here.

-Travis Cleveland

V-Man
01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Not interested in writing these stories, but would definitely love to read them. En route to check out your site now.

Sirion
04-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Not interested in writing these stories, but would definitely love to read them. En route to check out your site now.

Why thank you! :)

bladestalker
04-28-2012, 01:37 PM
I'd be interested in this. PM me and we'll discuss.

Captim_Spaghetti
05-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Pm me to discuss if you don't already have somebody

Richard White
05-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Travis,

For clarification, are these stand-alone short stories set in your game universe OR are they shorts that are there to add emphasis/color to a section of the game instructions/background?

Deizelcore
05-18-2012, 02:42 PM
What about qualifications? Will you be interested in someone who only has a couple of publishing credits to his name?

Sirion
05-22-2012, 11:45 PM
Travis,

For clarification, are these stand-alone short stories set in your game universe OR are they shorts that are there to add emphasis/color to a section of the game instructions/background?

Sorry for being slow to respond, I don't get back on these forums as much as I use to. These will be stand-alone short stories set in the game universe.

We've already picked up a talented writer, Natalie Sutherland, but we're not opposed to picking up one more if the writing is very solid. Having a variety of writers can be a strength when it comes to expanding a game world.

What about qualifications? Will you be interested in someone who only has a couple of publishing credits to his name?
I'm not too worried about publishing credits (though they do help). I prefer to just read sample materials and decide based on what I read. As always: Good writing trumps all.

Thanks for all of your interest, guys and gals.

Take care,
Travis

Gale Haut
05-23-2012, 12:13 AM
I would be interested. Send me a PM if you haven't found someone already.

ETA: I have a few published shorts under my belt, and experience on the slush pile and editing for short fiction, in addition to professional credits in graphic design and illustration for digital and print works. Much of my experience is in Speculative Fiction and marketing.

Sirion
09-16-2012, 06:12 AM
I'm bumping this thread since I'm looking for a second writer to help out. The specifications haven't changed from the original post. Just read it and email me a sample or two of your work (Preferably fantasy or steampunk. Query letter optional), ttcleveland@erenor.com

Last time I posted I got quite a few letters so I can't promise that I'll be able to respond to them all, but I will try.

-Travis