PDA

View Full Version : America Idol 2012 Thread

Vince524
01-19-2012, 05:07 AM
Tonight's the premier of American Idol, what is it, season 11?

Figured it deserves it's own thread.

We can discuss the horrible auditions, ask why anyone would make such an ass of themselves, how the judges let so and so through and not the other one, who we think will win, who we want to go home and how much we all miss Simon.

Let the games begin!!!!!

Post your favorite Idol winner too!!

For me,

CARRIE UNDERWOOD!!

Dodge
01-19-2012, 07:13 AM
I'm not certain who my favorite Idol winner is or if I even have a fav for that. But I think the most talented participant was runner-up, Adam Lambert. Talk about amazing performances. I always wondered what the hell this guy was gonna' come up with next.

I'll check out the show tonight and try to gauge if I'll be following this season or not. Later on once they have the final 12 it will get real interesting on whether I will pay any attention at all. I dig music but, man, it's got to be good!

Vince524
01-19-2012, 07:19 AM
I love Adam Lambert too. I really thought he should have won.

My favs from the show so far are Carrie & Adam, James Durbin, Scotty McCreedy, Lauren Alaina, Kelly C, Daughtry David Cook.

So far this season, the last kid caught my ear.

Dodge
01-19-2012, 07:34 AM
I'll check it out. Another very talented participant was Melinda Doolittle. She could sing her ass off. I guess she just wasn't young enough, charismatic enough or confident enough?

I know that they tend to want very commercial people. Oh well.

Dodge
01-19-2012, 11:50 PM
I/we watched it. And I agree about the last one, Phillip Phillips (cool name). He seems like a backwoods dude who jams on the guitar all day when not helping his dad with the pawn shop. I also appreciate the fact that his parents are really supportive and dig his music. He's certainly a jammer on the six string.

On another note, remember "Tent Girl"? The negative pr is out that she has had issues with alcohol and arrests (via Fox news). Well... duh! She lives in a tent and is struggling. Why am I not surprised? Yeah it's American Idol, squeaky clean, right? But since when is America seen as the land of cleanliness and righteousness... especially when it comes to those who control/work in the industry?

Whatever on that. I'll hold my opinion on her. I thought as a singer she was just okay for now. Maybe she'll whip some unique perspectives up.

Oh... when Steven Tyler said it was "...hot, humid, and happening... like your daughter" to the father (World Series guy) - that made me laugh.

Vince524
01-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Steven Tyler seems a litttle extra perverted this season. Yeah, I remember tend girl.

I'm not a big fan of the idea that my kids might live with someone before their married. But if they're going to do it, I'd rather they do it in my home then in a frwaking tent where they can be eaten by a bear.

My wife said she noticed her teeth were yellow.

Dodge
01-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Yeah. Her teeth were yellow. And probably even more so since she was all dolled up for the first time in a long time. I'm not into white, glowing teeth but I would recommend some teeth whitening products for "Tent Girl".

As far as where they live goes... well a bear could easily stumble upon "where the magic happens" and have a real feast in that wide open space.

NewKidOldKid
01-20-2012, 05:30 AM
I don't think it matters whether Adam Lambert won or not. He's way more famous (and talented) than the kid who won, so the important thing is that the show helped him launch his career.

The last kid was good, especially when playing the guitar. I didn't think tent girl was that good. Everybody else... yeah, good voices, but nothing special that will make me remember them.

Vince524
01-20-2012, 05:56 AM
I first started watching in season 4. I knew when I saw Carrie that I wanted her to win. She was my favorite from the beginning.

I didn't feel the same way until Adam Lambert.

Last year I liked Scotty, Lauren & James equally.

Chrissy
01-20-2012, 05:57 AM
BA-nare, na-nare, na-nare, na-nare nare NARE

playground
02-29-2012, 07:39 AM
Phillip Phillips and Colton Dixon are killer. I feel they are the two front runners. I don't know, just something about Phillip Phillips, his voice is so unique and he just has such good rhythm.

CaroGirl
02-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Deandre and Ebin were terrible and yet they got full praise from the judges. Aren't the judges supposed to, you know, judge?

Phillip Phillips was fantastic.

NewKidOldKid
02-29-2012, 06:17 PM
I thought Deandre was just awful. I don't understand what the judges see in him. A couple were blah. I liked Phillip Phillips (but his parents should be shot for giving him that name).

lizbeth dylan
02-29-2012, 06:50 PM
15 year old boys should NOT sing Adele. Ever!

The only one that was worth voting for was Philip Phillips. Hopefully the rest of them just had a bad case of nerves.

playground
02-29-2012, 09:31 PM
15 year old boys should NOT sing Adele. Ever!

The only one that was worth voting for was Philip Phillips. Hopefully the rest of them just had a bad case of nerves.

I felt Colton, Heejan (I can't spell his name), Reed Grimm, and the Gentle Giant were all good too, but I still think Phillip Phillips is the BEST one by far.

*EDIT*

I agree about the judges not judging. Some of the guy performances were TERRIBLE.

Dodge
03-01-2012, 11:50 AM
I agree... Phillip Phillips. He's original for sure. And I think his name is catchy. Good for marketing.

playground
03-03-2012, 05:09 AM
Wow. I'm really disappointed by the wild card picks by the judges.

Vince524
03-03-2012, 06:10 AM
I predicted the wild card picks. I knew who they'd go for.

I was happy that Eben didn't get through. I think he's ok and he seems like a nice guy, but I was afraid he'd Bieber the competitions with a solid block of 13 year old girl votes.

Dodge
03-09-2012, 02:44 AM
I must say that Jessica Sanchez did a fine job singing the Whitney Houston song, "I Will always Love You" last night. The Sanchez page if anyone cares - http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_11/jessica_sanchez/

Phillip Phillps was cool too but I'm wondering if he can do anything different besides his raw, strumming and singing. I dig it but how versatile is he?

CaroGirl
03-09-2012, 04:13 PM
I missed the results. Who's out?

Vince524
03-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Jeremy Rosado. (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/idolchatter/post/2012/03/american-idol-who-went-home-first/1#.T1n4ADF8Asc)

CaroGirl
03-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Jeremy Rosado. (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/idolchatter/post/2012/03/american-idol-who-went-home-first/1#.T1n4ADF8Asc)

Thanks!

No surprises, then. :)

playground
03-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I must say that Jessica Sanchez did a fine job singing the Whitney Houston song, "I Will always Love You" last night. The Sanchez page if anyone cares - http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season_11/jessica_sanchez/

Phillip Phillps was cool too but I'm wondering if he can do anything different besides his raw, strumming and singing. I dig it but how versatile is he?

I must be in the minority here. Everywhere I read, people loved it. I just thought it was average. She did a good job yes, but nothing spectacular, she was missing that power that Houston has that made that song what it was.

I also hate when American Idol does this. Whitney Houston has an out of this world voice, it's not fair to expect these singers to be able to do their stuff.