The Artist

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else seen this?

Very, very clever film. Not perfect, but should win quite a few Oscars.

Misa Buckley

Extraordinary Romance
Registered
Reaction score
Website
misabuckley.com
It looks fabulous and I want to go see it.

Sadly, there are people in Liverpool who've demanded refunds for it being a silent film [source]. There's really no hope for some people *sigh*

cara

Registered
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it. It was clever and witty. It also had many clever cinematographic techniques! I hope it won alot!

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I cannot wait to see this. Where I live, though, the arthouse film "palace" only has titles for around 5-6 days, so we're all holding our breath here. :) Unless I want to drive 1.5 hours to the bigger city nearby. I may, just so I can see it before the Oscars.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
I saw this last month I think it was. Although now it's been re-released (in Paris) as "The film that enchanted America!" haha.

It was definitely interesting. The kind of thing I'm glad I saw and overall I like the concept and the film making. The story, however, was really forgettable. It's not the kind of thing I'm dying to see again. So worth seeing, but definitely not a "must-see" unless you just want to be able to chat about it.

Macca

Registered
Reaction score
I really liked this film. Thought the acting from the two leads was technically quite brilliant. Think it's one of those films in which the plot is secondary & it is love letter to the craft & art of filmmaking. The dog is very accomplished too...

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I do hope this gets filmmakers around trying to do more experimental stuff while telling a story on film.

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
I really want to see this. It looks good, and like it'd be fun for the viewing experience if nothing else.