• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Kayi Literary Agency (formerly NURCiHAN KESiM Literary Agency)

Alitriona

Attends The School of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.caroloates.com
I put the name in and nothing came up in search.

I received an email this morning from this agency. They are based in Turkey. The email was regarding the foreign to my one self-published work and said one of their clients is interested in it. I thought the author was the agent's client so this raised a flag.

Experience has taught me to be skeptical and that google is my friend. :) Their site doesn't give me confidence. There is nothing there.

http://www.nurcihankesim.net

They are recommended on P&E

When I looked on the kindle boards, there have been a lot of self-published writers approached. On the other hand there is a thread listing some of their sales and reporting them as reputable.

http://www.kindleboards.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=77563.0

Does anyone have experience with them?

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Is the email you received from a nurichankesim.net email address? I ask only because it's not unusual for some scammers to piggy back off a legitimate email address.

The agency itself seems to be real and legit and has a tie in with Seventh Avenue (a Canadian agency) and Walker and Company (part of Bloomsbury USA).

MM

Alitriona

Attends The School of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.caroloates.com
Yes, the email seems legit. It's the same as the site. Someone on the kindle board tracked ip of the email they received to turkey. Maybe I've become too suspicious.LOL

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
If it's a legitimate agency (and it seems to be), then there's no harm in seeing what their client wants to do with your book. You don't have to sign anything and they should be willing to pay you for rights.

(And I don't blame you for being suspicious - I've never heard of an agency doing this).

MM

Alitriona

Attends The School of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.caroloates.com
Thank you for your help. From what another author told me today, there has been a few agencies in Turkey and Brazil putting out feelers. Hearsay at the moment, I don't have further info. I will send an email back and see what they have to say.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
There is also at least one questionable Turkish publisher approaching KDP authors (I blogged about them before Christmas), so although this agency is reputable, it's wise to be cautious and double check before responding.

According to Publishers Marketplace, they've changed their name to Kayi Literary Agency, which might explain why there's nothing at their old web address.

- Victoria

Melanie Nilles

What're you looking at?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melanienilles.com
I was contacted by this agency in July of last year and they just got back to me recently with a fair offer on one of my series, including an advance payable upon signing the contract. I'll review it closely once I receive it, but so far, it all looks good. The offer is through this agency, representing http://www.artemisyayinlari.com/index.asp, which has published translated books by authors such as Cassandra Clare and Melissa Marr, so I feel safe to assume this is all legit. I'll follow-up to let you know what I learn.

Last edited:

PegBrantley

Registered
Reaction score
I received a message from the same agency today. A friend of mine is skeptical. She never received a dime from her Turkish publisher and indicated that black market books make up a lot of the Turkish market. Has anyone had a positive experience?