"OverBoard"

TamaraLynne

Registered
Reaction score
Overboard is a 1987 American romantic comedy film starring Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. I use to watch this movie all the time :) Loved it!

Was wondering if others enjoyed it as much as I did ? For some reason this movie pops up in my head from time to time because something in life will mirror a portion of the movie..

Like....what kind of wood should one use when building shoe racks and shelves in a closet? :)

Loved this movie...sigh

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I loved that movie, too :D I love when she answers in French before she remembers that she speaks French!

And the sound she makes when she's in the barrel is really therapeutic when you are crazy-stressed. Try it some time :ROFL:

Love the kids, too.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Love love love this movie. We still toss quotes around from it almost every day.

(Usually "There's a fat guy in my way, sir.")

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Whenever this movie came on TV, we dropped everything to watch it. Definitely one of my favorite romantic comedies. It has some of the best dialogue and physical comedy, and Goldie and Kurt have genuine chemistry.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Oh, yes! *Love* this movie. I watch it from time to time, maybe once a year. It never gets old. Never did buy it, though. Probably should. But it's kinda fun to "catch" it on TBS or another cable channel--like a treat, you know?

I LOVE the kids. "I like it when she goes, 'Bu-bu-bu-bu bu. Bu-bu.'" :roll: Gets me every time.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yes! *Love* this movie. I watch it from time to time, maybe once a year. It never gets old. Never did buy it, though. Probably should. But it's kinda fun to "catch" it on TBS or another cable channel--like a treat, you know?

I LOVE the kids. "I like it when she goes, 'Bu-bu-bu-bu bu. Bu-bu.'" :roll: Gets me every time.

I love that part!

"I like to talk like Pee Wee Herman!"

sailor

still new
Registered
Reaction score
My mother loved this movie. I got her a double dvd with it and Protocol as the other movie. Also, there was supposed to be a remake with Jennifer Lopez being produced by Will Smith. Announced in Mar 2010, supposedly filmed last year.

Eternal

Registered
Reaction score
I hate to admit it (largely due to my own insecurities), but I remember this fondly also. The shoe rack sticks out in my mind. I haven't seen it for years, because i had forgotten all about it, thanks for the reminder.

Victoria

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of quoting this movie..."It's been a hell of a day at sea, Sir." I say that all the time after a trying day on the school bus. Love that movie. One of my favorite parts is when he convinces her she was short, and fat. Oh, and when she goes off on the teacher...crap, I have to dig out my VHS player...

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I love how everyone rocks the denim. :tongue

And when Goldie goes off on the teacher?

"My children may be rotten, but they're mine! And I think that they're bright and sensitive. So I have no doubts whatsoever about their intelligence! I do, however, have serious doubts about yours!"

As a parent, how can you not clap? :D

TamaraLynne

Registered
Reaction score
I love how everyone rocks the denim. :tongue

And when Goldie goes off on the teacher?

"My children may be rotten, but they're mine! And I think that they're bright and sensitive. So I have no doubts whatsoever about their intelligence! I do, however, have serious doubts about yours!"

As a parent, how can you not clap? :D
:) Yep, I clapped. :)

Plus they are starting the movie again in case anyone missed it the first time...I guess I did not need to do the guillotine choke hold after all..

Victoria

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
:) Yep, I clapped. :)

Plus they are starting the movie again in case anyone missed it the first time...I guess I did not need to do the guillotine choke hold after all..

So just do it for fun then. Who knows what you'll get started. :e2brows: