How are some people's avatar pics so HUGE?

Vedren

Banned
Reaction score
Why is mine so small when the actual picture is bigger but then I see others who are so much bigger? Does anyone know?

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's if you donate to AW, you get to have a bigger avie. (hint, hint) :D

Plus the moderators probably get larger avies, cuz, well they're awesome.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I collected a bunch of dirt on all the mods (you should hear the stuff I found on Silver King and ChaosTitan) and paid the mob to frame Mac for a couple of heinous crimes.

I got a bigger avatar in fairly short order...

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I collected a bunch of dirt on all the mods (you should hear the stuff I found on Silver King and ChaosTitan) and paid the mob to frame Mac for a couple of heinous crimes.

I got a bigger avatar in fairly short order...

PM me. The more people who know, the safer you are.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
This thread reminds me that I should enlarge my avatar in the near future. When it comes to fish, size does matter!

Deleted member 42

This thread reminds me that I should enlarge my avatar in the near future. When it comes to fish, size does matter!

Fish Dude, because unlike Certain Other Mods with feline and doggie and dragon avatars, YOU have never cruelly mocked the deathless prose of my emotionally moving and intellectually stimulating FAQs, or my wretched spelling, I'm at your disposal with respect to increasing your visual impact.

Vedren

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks so much, guy! It's not that I think my picture is all that or anything (Smirks), but was just curious!

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
PM me. The more people who know, the safer you are.

I've written the information on a piece of paper and hidden it under the welcome mat outside your door. Read it, then burn it.

Actually it's two pieces of paper. I needed an extra page to fit everything I have on Silver King.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Fish Dude, because unlike Certain Other Mods with feline and doggie and dragon avatars, YOU have never cruelly mocked the deathless prose of my emotionally moving and intellectually stimulating FAQs, or my wretched spelling, I'm at your disposal with respect to increasing your visual impact.
Excellent! I'd prefer something larger, say by about thirty percent or so?

(The existing one was masterfully rendered by you some time ago, if I recall correctly.)

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've written the information on a piece of paper and hidden it under the welcome mat outside your door. Read it, then burn it.

Actually it's two pieces of paper. I needed an extra page to fit everything I have on Silver King.

I've committed the information to memory and burned the evidence. For some reason my eyes are stinging though. And my brain is scared. Very scared.

Thanks so much, guy! It's not that I think my picture is all that or anything (Smirks), but was just curious!

Girl, your picture is all that. Great name too. :)

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I've committed the information to memory and burned the evidence.

excellent.jpg

For some reason my eyes are stinging though. And my brain is scared. Very scared.

Just means it's working. Nothing to worry about. If your spleen starts itching, you might want to meander toward an emergency room, though.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poor little fishie.... :cry:

Or is it just leaping around in a generally joie de vivre kind of way, and not because it's stuck on a fisherman's fishing hook? That would make me happier.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

What a load of . . . uh, sparkling prose.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
im larger than life

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just means it's working. Nothing to worry about. If your spleen starts itching, you might want to meander toward an emergency room, though.

Noted. Though I sometimes get my spleen and my ovaries confused, so I'll have to pay special attention to the specific symptoms.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Poor little fishie.... :cry:

Or is it just leaping around in a generally joie de vivre kind of way, and not because it's stuck on a fisherman's fishing hook? That would make me happier.
She was angry and fought for her life, then seemed content to be alive after she was released.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She was angry and fought for her life, then seemed content to be alive after she was released.

What if she'd refused to leave, though? I often wonder what would happen if the fisherpeople landed a whacking big fish and then released it and it leapt back on the boat. Because that would be scarey, wouldn't it? I'd have nightmares about that.

Not to derail or anything...

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
What if she'd refused to leave, though? I often wonder what would happen if the fisherpeople landed a whacking big fish and then released it and it leapt back on the boat. Because that would be scarey, wouldn't it? I'd have nightmares about that.

Not to derail or anything...
Fish almost always run from danger, especially when hooked. It's not unheard of, though, for them to turn and jump toward boats, and even land inside of vessels; but that happens rarely, in my experience.

The fish in my avatar, a tarpon, weighed about 150 pounds. I took that shot while fighting the fish, no easy feat. Soon after, the camera was set aside and the tarpon brought to the boat, where she was revived and set free in good condition.