PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a CP fo YA Fantasy

Sara_Jane_Wade
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi!

I'm looking for a critique partner for my YA fantasy. I'm currently revising my first draft, but I'm doing in four big chunks of 17k each. What I need is someone willing to critique each part as I'm done with it, so I don't have to waste time doing nothing (well, I'd be freaking out and biting my thumbs) while waiting for the whole ms to be critiqued. The first part is ready, and it should take me about 2 weeks to be done with the second, etc...

I'd love to swap manuscripts, but if you prefer that I look at the whole ms or chapter by chapter, that's okay, whatever works for you. Please PM me if you're interested, and we can swap a few pages to make sure we're compatible!

Here's a first draft of my query letter, just to give you an idea about my mss (please ignore how horrible it is):

During her pledge ceremony, Daela discovers she is Barren -- she has no magic in her. As the bastard daughter of the future Regent, the discovery is a blow that will end her life as it stands. Not only will she lose whatever shred of respect she'd slaved to earn from the Helian Court, but she fears her father will cast her out as well.

But when a Dacian – an old enemy of her people -- kidnaps her half-brother Jaime, Dae has no choice but to ask Trey, Jaime's best friend and the thorn in her side, for help. Trey is a Repudiate, a coward who'd renounced his faith in exchange for the right to live in Aldrys. Together, they follow Jaime and his kidnapper into the Down Below, the bleak and desolate world where the Daci have been exiled centuries ago. Daela has always valued honesty, but is she ready to face the truths that await her there?