Homer Eon Flint's First Story in Nine Decades Just Released!

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Hi, everyone. I'm listing this under goals and accomplishments because of the importance of the event--in my mind, anyway.

Today, Musa Publishing released the first story from early twentieth century pulp fiction and pioneer speculative fiction writer Homer Eon Flint. The Flying Bloodhound is a short story, designed by Flint to appeal to the new market for mysteries that became the grist for the pulp fiction mill after his death/murder in 1924.

In addition to the story--complete and presented exactly as the author left it--the e-book has additional biographical information, family anecdotes, bits of correspondence, photographs and even the diagram of a plane that Flint designed.

And all in all, I'm quite proud of it.

Hopefully, some of you folks will find Flint's work and writing of interest. You can find out more about Homer Eon Flint at his new website www.homereonflint.com and you can check out the e-book at http://www.musapublishing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_19&products_id=166.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! The more of Flint's manuscripts I read, the more I realized exactly how great his loss was in 1924. His prose is so fluid and his stories so well-crafted that I think if he'd not been killed, he would have risen to the top of his craft and would be studied in schools today. I was really glad, too, to find so many other genres in his work. His spectrum of interests was broad, and that range is reflected in his stories.

In fact, I think the best thing he ever wrote lay in that old trunk for almost a century and the only people who knew the story were his kids and grandkids. Apparently, that was a holiday treat in the Flint family--they got to take a story out of Grandpa's trunk and one of the adults would read it aloud. So getting those stories into print--even at a modest level--feels really good.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like something I need to look into. CGs on untrunking the literally "trunked" stories!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Such neat news. Congratz to you all for the wonderful work you are doing. Much success in it.

It's funny. You just never know where the road may take you....:D

(Thinking movie rights here....)

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Flint's granddaughter is also an author--Vella Munn. We had contracted her at Musa and she just casually brought up the Flint stories in an email. Right after I picked myself up off the floor, we came to an agreement for publication and started work.

Interestingly, too, Flint's youngest daughter--Vella's mother--is still alive, and seeing her father's lost manuscripts being published has been a wonderful thing for her.