• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Woman Writing Buddy wanted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommyWrites

Registered
Reaction score
I am searching for a female writing buddy :) I am a stay-at-home-mom and would love to chat with other writer-moms as I dont really know any others who write. I am working on my first novel so am just a newbie but if you are interested in just talking writer talk and encouraging each other to write each day I'd love to be in contact!

Thank you!

bethfred

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a mom to be and work from home. You can contact me whenever you want ;). I've written three novels, but two sucked and I'm not published. LOL.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I mentioned this to a new member yesterday, and it applies in you case as well: You'll have an easier time finding someone who will beta your work once you've been here a while longer.

You might find this thread enlightening.

Best of luck with your work.

Leigha David

Leiloo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
leighadavid.blogspot.com
She said she was looking for a writing buddy, not a beta. IMO, this post was meant to reach out and get to know fellow writers. That's how I take it anyway. :)

I'm kind of in the same pinch. I came to AW because I'm not friends with any writers in real life and sometimes it's hard to stay motivated when no one really understands (or cares) about what you're doing. I wish I had the courage to be more direct and make posts like MommyWrites, but I'm timid. lol

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
She said she was looking for a writing buddy, not a beta...
You're right, there is difference between the two. But the gist of that thread would apply to writing buddies as well.

The main thing to consider is that the more active you are on this site, the more people will get to know you, and the greater chance you'll have of finding a compatible beta or writing buddy.

I understand from experience that it can seem daunting when first starting out here. I'm quite shy among people I don't know, and it took me a long time to feel comfortable among the community. After a while, though, I found my groove and felt that it became easier and easier to express my thoughts.

I'd recommend finding some topics that interest you and offer a few posts here and there while becoming more involved in the community. You'll make some friends along the way and be in a much better position to find a beta or writing buddy that suits your needs.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
You want to hear something strange, Leigha? I read in your profile that you enjoy photography, and was just about to direct you to this thread, when I noticed that you've already shared some pics in there. (They're great shots, btw.)

We also have the AW Family Album located here in Office Party, if you ever care to share pics there as well. That room is also a fun place to get to know other members and to generally goof around when the mood strikes. :)

MommyWrites

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! Thank you, but I'm not looking for a beta - I'm looking for a writing buddy for motivation and encouragement :) Also to emerse myself more into the writing community. I didn't realize I was supposed to wait to post! :) So I guess I will keep quiet until I am no longer new here...

Last edited:

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The main thing to consider is that the more active you are on this site, the more people will get to know you, and the greater chance you'll have of finding a compatible beta or writing buddy.
I joined here within one day of my writing partner, way back in 2007. It was only a week before we'd crossed paths, hit it off and not too long after that formed a writing partnership that is now going on five years and five novels.

MommyWrites

Registered
Reaction score
I will also take your advice by becoming more active to get to know people...I just wanted to make a shout out for any other women who might be mothers at home looking for a writing friend like I am. :)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...I didn't realize I was supposed to wait to post! :) So I guess I will keep quiet until I am no longer new here...
No, please don't keep quiet. I was suggesting that you do the opposite!
I joined here within one day of my writing partner, way back in 2007. It was only a week before we'd crossed paths, hit it off and not too long after that formed a writing partnership that is now going on five years and five novels.
I believe that happens here now and then, where two newer members strike up a lasting and beneficial writing relationship.

For those who haven't, however, it would seem worth their effort to engage the community at greater length, at least beyond their first post, before requesting a beta or writing buddy.

This is just general advice, of course, and not meant to be given as the gold standard of seeking help with one's writing.

LilGreenBookworm

I write with crayons.
Registered
Reaction score
*waves* I'm a stay at home mom with a two year old son and one on the way. :) But, I'm also in the middle of a move across half the country and parting ways with my hubby for a very long time, so I don't get to write very often these days. Feel free to message me any time!

McMich

Registered
Reaction score
Hi MommyWrites- I am not a SAHM but am very close to being one (I work from 5AM-10 so that I can spend my days home with my kids) I am always around on the internet doing something- right now avoiding revisions.......

LilGreenBookworm- I liked the little bit of your dream blog I got to read before the kids interrupted me. I often times wake up from crazy dreams and can't wait to write them down for future ideas. PS-I just had my second child in August and have found it is easier the second time around :)

Nora0

Registered
Reaction score
Also a SAHM. My daughter goes to school during the day, so I try to get stuff done in the time she's gone, as most of my evening is spent telling her to get her homework done.

skinnypig

Registered
Reaction score
I stayed home with kids for many years and I'm a student now. I started a novel a few years ago...haven't done much with it since I went back to college. But I have been working on my poetry, taking creative writing classes. I'm taking intro to fiction in the fall =D

Status
Not open for further replies.