PDA

View Full Version : Publishing internationally (author from Israel)

JDM1950
01-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Hi.
I am American by birth, but living many years in Israel. All my writing is in English. I have a completed fiction manuscript and am working on another.
Are there any other authors out there that published outside of Israel and what agents/publishers do you recommend I approach?
Do US agents/publishers have any issues with queries/submissions from Israel?
Should I look in the UK, for instance, for better chances? (geographic proximity?)

Vemy Paw
01-11-2012, 02:49 PM
I just asked this question myself in the ask the agent forum. Maybe you want to check it out, the link is: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234043

Many authors publish their work internationally, and from what I get, geographic proximity is not a problem since communication will be done by emails.

Terie
01-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi.
I am American by birth, but living many years in Israel. All my writing is in English. I have a completed fiction manuscript and am working on another.
I would prefer to get my book published in the US.
Do US agents/publishers have any issues with queries/submissions from Israel?
Should I look in the UK, for instance, for better chances? (geographic proximity?)

Agents and publishers don't care one whit where an author lives. All they care about is how good the book is. :)

ellisshuman
01-11-2012, 04:56 PM
The advice I received was that it is advisable to search outside Israel for an agent in US or UK. Don't worry about geographic location. Make sure you query an agent that handles your kind of fiction, or has clients in the same genre.

JamesBaldwin
01-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah, there's generally no problem with shopping outside your own country. The best place to query, afaik, is the country where your book is set, if you have a real country in your novel.

Terie
01-11-2012, 05:51 PM
You shouldn't start multiple threads with the same subject. You also asked this here (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234540).

CaoPaux
01-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Threads merged.

epublishabook
12-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Hi JDM,

Am also in Israel, in Tel Aviv, and am now looking at Amazon KDP to self-publish my book. Am a bit confused by their registration process though, especially when it comes to choosing a payment method.
Would you like to meet for a coffee and discuss it?