Status
Not open for further replies.

Kube

Fresh Meat For The Grinder
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justinmkelly.com
I was just wondering if there were any plans to integrate an app to make reading on a smart phone easier. Another board I frequent uses one that works very well but I will reserve my suggestion until a mod asks for it.

badlandz

Registered
Reaction score
I thought Dragon Dictation for iPhone was wicked cool... for a couple days.

It spit out as many words per minute as I could type, but doing it while I was in the car or busy with something else and had a great idea.

Then I sort of realized, I spent as much time at home editing the mistakes as I would have spent typing it up fresh from a few notes scribbled on the back of a receipt or something. So I gave up on it.

BUT... they say it can be trained? Or it can get better? If that's actually true, I'd think it's cool. I just haven't had the time or ability to do it.

Kube

Fresh Meat For The Grinder
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justinmkelly.com
That's not what I meant. There are forum apps out there that can be installed on forums to make navigating the forums easier. I was wondering if there were any plans to integrate one of them on these boards.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Nope. No plans to do so. So far the potential security hassles far outweigh the possible benefits.

Diana_Rajchel

Writing from my Seaside Palace
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.dianarajchel.com
I've thought that would be nifty, too, but I saw what happened with the PostSecret app, and yikes! I can see why you might choose to be slow to approach it.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I don't really hang out at many forums, but the only one that has its own app is the iPhone forum, and I only downloaded it because it wouldn't let me access it via my normal smartphone browser. What's the advantage to an app compared to a browser to access a forum?

uncommonspirit

taking the road less traveled by...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nowastedink.com
Nope. No plans to do so. So far the potential security hassles far outweigh the possible benefits.

Have you looked into the tapatalk network? A few forums I belong to use it and it makes accessing forums while I'm traveling much easier. I usually don't read forums when I'm working and can be away a week at a time because of this. The forums with tapatalk I can still visit on my ipod touch.

Sorry if I'm overstepping myself here, I am a newbie after all.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I use AW every day on my smartphone...no problem at all.

Deleted member 42

Have you looked into the tapatalk network? A few forums I belong to use it and it makes accessing forums while I'm traveling much easier. I usually don't read forums when I'm working and can be away a week at a time because of this. The forums with tapatalk I can still visit on my ipod touch.

Yes.

We're not going to do that.

Sorry.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
I use AW every day on my smartphone...no problem at all.

Search doesn't work on my iPhone, but does on my iPad. It's odd. Also, the text select feature doesn't play with the post editing software. Probably Android works better?

Deleted member 42

Search doesn't work on my iPhone, but does on my iPad. It's odd. Also, the text select feature doesn't play with the post editing software. Probably Android works better?

I think you'll find it much easier with the next vBulletin/AW upgrade.

The mobile CSS is way more better.

Status
Not open for further replies.