Namecalling: help me invent a word...

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
for my novel. It's a slang word said by one 7-year old girl to a 6-year old, and basically it should be "baby" or "weakling" or "wimp" - something along those lines. This happens in 1957, in Guyana. I can't remember what slang a ......." and the 6 year old says "I'm not". I want a really cool word because the 7 year old is really, REALLY cool. Can ayone hel me? Just make something nice up, something that sounds good, like booby or poopy something.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I had two older brothers, and we used to call each other all sorts of things that didn't make sense. We'd sit there and shriek this stuff back and forth at each other:

You fudge ball!

You squint!

You stilted shrimp!

You crumpled piece of maxi paper!

You zippo!

You spoogerstillskin!

you wet spot!

You rainbow licker!

You aunt sock!

You molting booger fart!

We could go back and forth for hours.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
XThe NavigatorX said:
I had two older brothers, and we used to call each other all sorts of things that didn't make sense. We'd sit there and shriek this stuff back and forth at each other:

You fudge ball!

You squint!

You stilted shrimp!

You crumpled piece of maxi paper!

You zippo!

You spoogerstillskin!

you wet spot!

You rainbow licker!

You aunt sock!

You molting booger fart!

We could go back and forth for hours.

Thanks, nice ones there! I like some variation of "sock": piddle-sock, or something.

Paint

Warrior of Truth
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Standing at the precipitous cliff, believing I can
Website
www.shawnk.com
'cootiebreath' Cooties were the ultimate insult then, so I'm told (she adds quickly)
6 year olds are losing their teeth, so gapface or rotmouth. boogerteeth?
**secret name for my teenager "creep boy" ** I don't say it out loud, only in my head when I am disgusted.
Let us know what you decide!

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Nimwad!

Or, this just happened to be mentioned on another board I was on:

"You, chickenhead!"

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
aruna said:
Thanks, nice ones there! I like some variation of "sock": piddle-sock, or something.

I decided on "pinky-sock"; definition: a little girl in pink socks who plays dolly-house all day, is scared of dogs and lizards, mummy's girl, a weed. The girl who says it is a tomboy, so that's her worst insult. But thanks to all of you!

Optimus

Banned
Reaction score
Shiraz said:
I always heard it as "nimrod."

Or, this just happened to be mentioned on another board I was on:

"You, chickenhead!"
:Jaw:
Um...you definitely DON'T want to use "chickenhead." Especially not from a 7 year old.

LOL.

A chickenhead is a...hmm...how shall I put this?

Um...it's basically (without using words that are more vulgar) a "ho," "whore," "slut," "hoochie," "ho-bag," etc.

It's an insult, implying that the girl likes to give large numbers of guys blowj...um...I mean..."oral pleasure."

(Because, as the girl administers said "oral pleasure" to the guy, the bobbing of her head mimicks that of a chicken pecking at seeds on the ground).

It can also mean "idiot," to indicate the someone is about as smart as a chicken.

But, it's mainly used to mean "ho-bag" or some similar thing.

Just thought I'd let ya know.

Optimus

Banned
Reaction score
Since it's the late 50s, and the vibe you're going for is related to your "pinky-sock" word, I'll throw one out from that time period, but it might be a little too suggestive/vulgar/demeaning for your 7 year old to use (but, given the time period of the late 50s, it'd be more acceptable back then than now)...

Poofter.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay!

Hagatha!

Pooter!

Big head!

Pus bucket!

Butt sniffer!

Barf bag!

Dweeb!

Hoser!

Plaque suckin' leach!

Foam farter!

Stinkazoid!

Piffle-wad! That's the white foam that forms on the sides of your mouth when you talk too much.

Dingle dorf!

Dorkaucus!

Hole dweller!

Puffer!

Poof!

Who said that!

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Optimus said:
Um...you definitely DON'T want to use "chickenhead." Especially not from a 7 year old.

LOL.

A chickenhead is a...hmm...how shall I put this?

Um...it's basically (without using words that are more vulgar) a "ho," "whore," "slut," "hoochie," "ho-bag," etc.

It's an insult, implying that the girl likes to give large numbers of guys blowj...um...I mean..."oral pleasure."

(Because, as the girl administers said "oral pleasure" to the guy, the bobbing of her head mimicks that of a chicken pecking at seeds on the ground).

It can also mean "idiot," to indicate the someone is about as smart as a chicken.

But, it's mainly used to mean "ho-bag" or some similar thing.

Just thought I'd let ya know.

No kidding? I got it from someone who credited her young niece with it, so I assumed it was relatively innocent. So, either the little darling is not so innocent after all, or is just ignorant as to the word's origin. Could it be a cultural thing? Inner-city or something and mean something completely different in small town USA?

Whatever - thanks for the education today. I'll be sure to use "chickenhead" sparingly from now on. :Thumbs:

emerald dragonfly

Registered
Reaction score
"piddle-whomper" My brother use to call me that when I was 6; he was 7 1/2. He always teased me for something. He also used to call me "binky-boss." I sucked hard on my thumb and he would hear my mom say," you're not a "binky-boss" anymore, I am!"

Good luck!

emerald dragonfly

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Lilly licker

Daisy sniffer

Tri

Um, Tri? Maybe you don't want to sign your name at the end of a list of insults. It looks like it's part of the list...

One I made up for my novel is bootlicker.

I decided on "pinky-sock"; definition: a little girl in pink socks who plays dolly-house all day, is scared of dogs and lizards, mummy's girl, a weed. The girl who says it is a tomboy, so that's her worst insult.

I think in general this is a good one for kids, but I wonder how appropriate it would be for Guyana at this time.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Yeshanu said:
I think in general this is a good one for kids, but I wonder how appropriate it would be for Guyana at this time.

Very much so, in the context of my story - little girls were dressed up in frilly can-can dresses, socks and patent leather shoes for birthday parties, and we had to dance in rings singing songs - I know because I hated it! I was a tomboy....

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
In which case, go for it!

Very much so, in the context of my story - little girls were dressed up in frilly can-can dresses, socks and patent leather shoes for birthday parties, and we had to dance in rings singing songs - I know because I hated it!

Ick! I was in grade five before my mother let me wear pants to school, and in grade eight before I was allowed to wear jeans, so I can sympathize...

(From one tomboy to another :) )

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
To continue on a different theme: can you help me think up ones that might be appropriate in a traditional fantasy setting? (Traditional = dwarves who are miners/craftspeople, elves who live in forests, humans in cities, magic and gods are part of the package...)

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fairydust farter

wing flinger

castle wrecker

pega-sissy

uni-corney

pointy eared forest tripper (elf) or poiny-eared pinesap licker.

highrise homo-dweller (human in city)

dragonpooter

dungeondweller

wishingwell bottom feeder