July Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arisa81

I hope everyone did well on their June goals.

A new month is upon us. Any new goals ?

Mine:

~To finish my non-fiction book, or "toss" it and begin something new
~To write as many articles as I can, well.
~To submit to some new greeting card markets, which I did not get around to in June

I think I will stick to those so that I don't have so much on my plate that I don't get anything done properly.

poppyhullings

I did complete my June goals. :)

Goals for July:

1. Write and submit a personal experience story to a market that just so happens to be looking for one.

2. Finish the erotic story :)eek ) I started yesterday and submit it to a market.

3. Write a book review

4. There's one magazine I want to submit to that takes both fiction and poetry so I'm gonna try to see what I can come up with there. Fiction pays more, but I'm better at writing poetry so I'll just wait and see what I'm inspired to write. I have read the magazine many times so I have an idea as to what style I need to aim for.

5. I just discovered a greeting card market that I haven't tried yet so I'm going to research the cards they sell and see if my style of writing fits the style they publish.

Ummm, that's all for now. That's enough for now actually. If I finish long before July is over, I'll just create some new goals.

Arisa81

Good Luck Poppy!

Hey, what's the new greeting card market you discovered? Please do share hehe.

I am thinking of submitting to PS Greetings, I posted a couple questions on that board about them.

Joanclr

Hi everybody! I haven't ventured onto this corner of the board before, but it looks fun. I could sure use some motivation, so here's my goals for July...

1. Finish my short story and submit.

2. Revise my children's pb and submit.

3. Complete chapters 3 and 4 of my book.

Hmm... well, not too ambitious a set of goals I think for a whole month... but perhaps if I shoot low then I will actually get a little something accomplished and can shoot for bigger and better next month.

Joan

Mridu

This is a great thread. I saw the June thread too late to post my goals, but here they are for July:

1. Send queries to at least 5 magazines in my top 10 list (this is my wishlist-- Reader's Digest, Woman's Day, etc)

2. Research idea for non-fiction book and write proposal.

3. Finish all articles and book reviews with deadlines this month, at least 3 days in advance of each deadline.

4. Think of 5 new ideas, work up full queries, research publications and send.

5. Take care of Website problems-- broken links, newsletter management, etc-- that have been cropping up lately.

And if I achieve all of this, I'll treat myself to a book I've wanted for a long time.

Arisa81

Good lcuk Joan and Mridu, keep us up to date on your progress !

Arisa81

I think I am going to toss, not literally, my nf book. It's just not interesting enough for me to work on at this time.
So I'll stick it somewhere and hope to go back to it some other time.

And now begins the new book idea hunt hehe.

Arisa81

I have tossed my nf book into a pile of other work that didn't seem to interest me enough to work with and I have already completed 2 picture book stories.

They both need a bit of editing and I am working on cover letters. I've already picked places to submit them.

I'd like to know if anyone else finds this happening to them:
Often times I will find myself interested in writing one sort of thing: poetry or articles or stories. I will stick with stories for a week or two, and then it seems that the next week I am interested in writing something different and won't get back to writing stories for another month or two.
Is anyone else like this?

poppyhullings

Yes, right now I'm into writing poems, but a few weeks ago, I couldn't write a poem to save my life, I could only seem to write greeting card ideas.

I just go with the flow and write whatever I'm inspired to write.

Arisa81

Poetry/greeting cards are my favourite things to write, so I become frusterated when I can't do it, but with everything else I go with the flow too.

Right now I am very into picture books as well. So we'll see how that goes. :grin

veingloree

By Saturday I should have 10 submissions out, I want to stay at 10 and above from now on.

(Update, got to 10 but some inconsiderate editor actually accepted one, so I am back down to 9!)

Arisa81

How is everyone fairing with their July goals ?
I think I'm doing alright with mine....hehe...I can't remember them, and I forgot to read what I wrote...
Well, at least I'm writing a lot of stuff, even if it's not what I wanted.
I did submit 2 picture books a couple weeks ago. And today I write a bunch of poetry.
I don't know, ever since I have started writing longer poetry (for blue mountain arts) I can't seem to go back the other way. I've written some though, all I can do is try and learn.

Hope everyone else is doing well !

Mridu

I'm happy to report that I completed all my goals for July! :jump

Moving on to August...

Status
Not open for further replies.