The best tools for the artistic vision? Borderbund- Publisher Delux? Adobe?

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
I'm mixing text and artistic photos. What is the latest and greatest software for this? I have an older edition of Photoshop Pro and Microsoft Publisher. My goal is putting together Photos and art and stories/poems and other text. But my software is limited in what it can do, and obviously to some degree by my ability to master it.

I want to go for cutting edge, and went to Best Buy and they had a wide range of Software. What is the best- most comprehensive software?

2) I want to do some audi music and voice. Should I get something different for sound clips, or is there one that does all the above and this as well?

Last edited:

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Richard said:
Sound clips - download this for free: http://audacity.sourceforge.net. It does everything you need.

As for graphics...what to you mean? Desktop publishing? Adding fancy typography to images? It depends what you want to achieve.

I'm going to alter images and use fancy text. I want to create a visual behind the text. Thanks for the link.

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
Okay. In that case, I'd recommend a copy of Photoshop Elements (note: Elements, not Photoshop proper). It's got all the features you'll need, and is pretty easy to get started with.

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm wondering if there is any site that compares them feature for feature?- User reviews. This is so important because they change features every year or two.

I saw the software you suggest, but they really didn't give a great deal of information in the little advertisement booklet attached to the box.

In case these companies read this, that makes a big impression. I think the Photoshop (Borderbund) products showed more details of what the product could do- better upfront advertisement. Adobe was okay. Even Microsoft was so so. Photoshop elements had an interesting cover though. It cost a little more, and wondered what it did the others didn't???

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Try here: ZDNet There are links in the side bar to Software blogs and forums as well.

There's also Epinions, and Review Centre

I typed in "user reviews of graphics software" into Google and those are the three links I thought would be helpful.

Google is our friend :)

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
And if none of those suit, there's always JASC Paintshop Pro which costs a fraction of what Photoshop cost... Or Macromedia Fireworks but that one is going to be hard to find since Macromedia sold out to Adobe.

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
I just want one written for us idiots.... not programmer to programer...
thats all I want...

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Great tips and advice. Thanks for the link to the PS Elements tutorial, Tilda. I've had the program for a couple years now and still need masses of help.