PDA

View Full Version : How long will book be available?

littleblackdog
12-09-2005, 07:51 PM
This may be a dumb question, but will Stories of Strength be available to purchase on lulu.com indefinitely? A friend of mine who is in a book club nominated it for their November (2006) book of the month and it was selected :Clap:! Which means 10 more sales and I wanted to make sure it would be available then.

I also ask because my story (The Smell of Lilacs) deals with my Dad and Spring, so I thought I might do some more publicity around Father's Day and whenever Spring rolls around and would want the book to be available then as well.

ChunkyC
12-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Stories of Strength will always be available, as far as I know. With Lulu, the author is technically the publisher and therefore controls whether it stays in the Lulu catalogue, and so Jenna is the one who officially decides how long it stays available.

JennaGlatzer
12-10-2005, 03:44 AM
A friend of mine who is in a book club nominated it for their November (2006) book of the month and it was selected :Clap:!

HOW COOL! :) Yes, it will be available indefinitely.

Ken Schneider
12-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Seriously though, What if a mainstream wanted to pick it up? I bet the profit from the book would go down along with the price, but the sales would go up.

Maybe, Jenna, or someone who has a book with a mainstream can give a ballpark of sales for a month and a few days. I think seven hundred books is quite a few for the short time SOS has been available. Add up our monthly total, 536x 12 months, and you,ve sold 6,000 books.

just a thought.

Ken