Christmas 2012

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone started shopping yet? I hear there are some good deals out there.

Only 359 days left before the big day!

Last edited:

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Where would I store all those gifts for a whole year? And what if I forgot that I bought them by next Christmas, then I wound up buying a second set of gifts?

Too many complications. Better to wait until the last minute, like normal.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
The Mayan calendar tells me to blow off Christmas shopping in 2012.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found a great deal on a Christmas tree. It still has most of its needles.

I can probably root it.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I probably will start shopping for Christmas gifts in June like usual.

All the current sales are just for my own personal purchases - I don't need to buy any gifts at the moment.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of days after this past Christmas, I went shopping and discovered the stores were packed. I couldn't believe it. It was as if all of the people who'd shopped before Christmas couldn't get enough and went right back out afterward to shop some more.

I found some good deals on clothes that I need, but the lines at the registers made the savings seem like an extravagance I could do without; so I went home empty-handed yet relieved to be away from the pressing masses.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of days after this past Christmas, I went shopping and discovered the stores were packed. I couldn't believe it. It was as if all of the people who'd shopped before Christmas couldn't get enough and went right back out afterward to shop some more.

I found some good deals on clothes that I need, but the lines at the registers made the savings seem like an extravagance I could do without; so I went home empty-handed yet relieved to be away from the pressing masses.

I worked most of those days, in a busy retail environment, and it was inexplicable the amount of sales we were getting.

Of course, I'm happy to stand in line to get a bargain. Today I'll be going to a 4-day book sale in the city. It'll be one of the only places available for shopping today, and it's $1 books in a country that charges $18-35 for most normal books on a normal day.

We went to one early last year, and the line-up was massive, and the savings weren't even as good as this year. So it's going to be PACKED.

But I enjoy shopping, so I won't mind so much. Sure, lines are pretty boring... But I don't mind that much.

/shopaholic

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone started shopping yet? I hear there are some good deals out there.

Only 359 days left before the big day!

I didn't wanna believe what everyone else said, but DANG, you really are sick, aren't you? :tongue

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was looking at some of the left over stuff they have on sale. A lot of decorations are half off. I just don't know where I'd put them until next year.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I'm surprised more people haven't responded to this thread to express their Christmas spirit.

Only 358 more shopping days left!

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score

i'm surprised, sk. i had you pegged as someone who has a constant yearing for pressing masses.
;)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I got my final Christmas present in the mail today. I has a happy. :)

So I now own a CD that isn't available in Australian stores. And have just listened to it for the first time.

Such good music. :)

FrankiiGii

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still getting a few gifts and have two more to send out. I'll be accruing gifts all year to spread out the financial shock :)

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
I love Christmas. Really, every year when it's over I'm sad, just like when I was a kid.

We left our tree up so my husband and I could watch It's a Wonderful Life one more time until next season. Fulfilled that wish tonight, so I guess it needs to come down tomorrow. "I wish I had a million dollars. HOT DOG!"

ETA: I do get to shop a bit this month b/c of gift cards, so that's a happy little Christmas leftover to hold me over until Christmas 2012.

Last edited:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We left our tree up so my husband and I could watch It's a Wonderful Life one more time until next season. Fulfilled that wish tonight, so I guess it needs to come down tomorrow. "I wish I had a million dollars. HOT DOG!"

Since you mentioned It's a Wonderful Life, I have a question for pondering.

I see this movie as uplifting and positive. My husband tends to see the negative side.

My logic is that by the end of the movie George has learned what life would have been like without him (not very good) and that he is fortunate to have lots of friends who like him and appreciate him and are willing to help him in a time of need.

My husband looks at the other side of the coin. He says, "But George never got to go do all the things he wanted to do with his life. He never got to travel, build skyscrapers, etc." So he sees George's life as unfulfilling.

I say, "Well, he got married and had a family and made lots of friends. He helped a lot of people have a place to live."

What do you think?