2011, don't let the door hit you in the ass

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Hated the bugger out of you.

2012, get your big girl's britches on, you've got work to do.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score

What are you kvetching about, missy? You published a gazillion books or something. You ought to be sending 2011 a big bunch of roses and two tickets to Circe De Solelil.

Reaction score
I would swap all of that to alter my current circumstances.

One thing I wish for 2012 is that people stop assuming that looking as if you're coping necessarily means that you are, in actuality, doing okay.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score

One thing I wish for 2012 is that people stop assuming that looking as if you're coping necessarily means that you are, in actuality, doing okay.
Oh, babes, sorry. Didn't know you were going through stuff. Hope 2012, then, is loads better.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.

:Hug2: I'm out of touch, I don't know what's going on but you are in my thoughts and prayers, sweetie.

I won't mind the turn of the New Year. I'm looking forward to better times. Hubby and I've had enough of difficulties (not in our marriage but other factors beyond our control) to last a life time.

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to 2012.

Wait, it's already 2012 where I am...

Scrap that. I'm looking forward to the rest of the year not sucking. :)

Yeah, twas 2012 in the UK nearly 3 hours ago. I did a really new-agey thing, kind of thing I usually snort at in derision: I made sure I was writing on the stroke of crossover (even though I was at work).

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For me, 2011 was not grand. It wasn't devastating either. In fact, if I were to give 2011 a theme, post-mortum, it would be The Year of Mediocrity. I'm hoping 2012 will be The Year of Change.

(SP, I'm not giving you hugz because I know how that makes you vomit. I'm feeling generous tonight. Here's to kicking a little ass in 2012.)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
June was a shocker for me, because of The Terrible Sadness someone I love had to go through. I give advance warning I'm going to torch June 2012 if it happens again. Total arse of a month. You owe me, June!!! :rant:

But the rest of the year was fairly lovely.

SP - I hope things turn around for you very, very soon.

Everyone else who hated 2011 - I hope 2012 makes up for it, times a gazillion.

Last edited:

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
:Hug2:Scarlet.

I turned 60 in 2011 and around that time it seemed that my life, which has been crushingly difficult for many years, finally turned a corner and things are straightening themselves out, just in time for the new year. I do hope it continues that way with a new self-published book coming out today and all.
I've tried to make lemon juice out of the lemons but one day I'd like to actually drink a few drops of it...

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
2011 started out horribly, lapsed into a frustrated tedium and ended up gasping for life like a Grimsby haddock in a dockside puddle.

2012, on the other hand, will be fine, because years of doom always turn out well.

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
... because years of doom always turn out well.

This is a delightful sentiment.

For me, 2011 came with the most extraordinary changes of fortune. Somewhere in the middle of September I found myself in the middle of a half-frozen lake with nothing bit a bottle of water, the clothes on my back, a pair of self-heating mittens, and a dog with a grape-sized tumor on the side of his face.

The water is drunk, the mittens have run out of whatever powers mittens, and the tumor has been removed. I am still wearing clothing.

It's a win overall, but damn was it close.

Reaction score
Thanks for the hugs, everyone. I can't say too much as it involves other people. And my personal problems? I don't want to speak about them in case I attract more of the same.

But 2011 can suck my hairy girlballs.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Hated the bugger out of you.

2012, get your big girl's britches on, you've got work to do.
QFT

Seldom have I been so glad to see a year end. Hit the road, 2011, and don't show your face in this side of town ever again.

And let me add my heartfelt wishes to the pile, that for everybody who had a lousy 2011 too, 2012 will prove far better. :Hug2:

zahra

Registered
Reaction score
This is a delightful sentiment.

For me, 2011 came with the most extraordinary changes of fortune. Somewhere in the middle of September I found myself in the middle of a half-frozen lake with nothing bit a bottle of water, the clothes on my back, a pair of self-heating mittens, and a dog with a grape-sized tumor on the side of his face.

The water is drunk, the mittens have run out of whatever powers mittens, and the tumor has been removed. I am still wearing clothing.

It's a win overall, but damn was it close.
Wow.

To all of us who got a royal spanking from the hands of that putrid whore, 2011 (I envisage 2011 as a hatched-faced, skinny hermaphrodite with evil, dirty nails and ragged Versace clothing - don't know why Versace), I add my wishes that 2012 be fantastic.