Why Story Research Forum Is Wonderful

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
I am continually amazed by the wide variety of questions that come up in this forum and the amount of knowledge that shows up in the responses. I get a warm feeling when someone asks for help and has little info, but a few well placed questions from responders put the poster on the right track.

This is a wonderful forum, folks - and everyone who pops in here to help deserves a big pat on the back. Puma

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hear, hear! (Okay, in my case "Lipread, lipread!")

You're not only spot on, Puma, but very often the one on the spot who's helpful.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys - I wasn't looking for compliments, I'm always glad to help. What pushed me over the edge today to say something was the steam train in the tunnel - where on earth can you find information like that as fast as it shows up here? Puma

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
+1000. I don't post a lot anymore, but I read a lot and lurk even more... and one of the members quickest to offer a guiding hand is Puma.

As for this forum, I always learn something here... sometimes, it's stuff I need to know that I don't even KNOW I need to know.

trickywoo

Registered
Reaction score
Yes! This is one of my favorite forums to visit, because it's so interesting! And intriguing how everyone has come by this obscure knowledge - ha!

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE this forum and how the posters aren't disturbed at all by even the most craziest questions. I once asked how much blood would it take to fill a bathtub and everybody just jumped right on,lol. They even started comparing 18th century tubs with modern day ones. I was all teary eyed with gratitude!

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
The knowledge and helpfulness of AW members leaves me humbled. Always. And for those who I annoy privately too :D you've helped LOADS.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I, too, love this forum. Rarely do I get here in time to answer a question if I happen to know an answer (also rare). I've accumulated a wealth of information from all the knowledgeable folks, though, and have scads of sticky notes everywhere on my desk to prove it.

Many thanks to those who pose all the interesting questions and to those who provide the information.