PDA

View Full Version : And That Is Why God Created The Delete Button . . .

gothicangel
12-30-2011, 12:55 AM
So, I spent this evening formating my newly double-spaced MS before printing it out to do a hard-copy edit. Lo and behold, after chapter seventeen, comes chapter thirteen.

WTF moment 1 . . . moment 2 came at chapter twenty-three when it righted itself again.

:flag:

Duh! [Well, that's what hard-copy edits are for . . . :D]

RobJ
12-30-2011, 12:59 AM
So, I spent this evening formating my newly double-spaced MS before printing it out to do a hard-copy edit. Lo and behold, after chapter seventeen, comes chapter thirteen.

WTF moment 1 . . . moment 2 came at chapter twenty-three when it righted itself again.
Righted itself? Is this a case of two wrongs making a right?

Wayne K
12-30-2011, 02:04 AM
I started two chapters with the same paragraph once

Susan Littlefield
12-30-2011, 06:20 AM
I had this thing where in random areas in the novel, a right tab somehow ended up pushing the first line of a paragraph over, it looked something like this:

____________________________________________George went to the store and found a blah, blah blah (line to show how far over the tab went)

This was with double space, indent first line, 1.0 margins all around.

I had to manually remove the tab marks to get it "right" again.

Medievalist
12-30-2011, 06:52 AM
Urp.

Don't use tabs to indent paragraphs. Use the ruler.

Filigree
12-30-2011, 07:32 AM
And back up everything, preferably with offsite backups.

gothicangel
12-30-2011, 12:59 PM
I had this thing where in random areas in the novel, a right tab somehow ended up pushing the first line of a paragraph over, it looked something like this:

____________________________________________George went to the store and found a blah, blah blah (line to show how far over the tab went)

This was with double space, indent first line, 1.0 margins all around.

I had to manually remove the tab marks to get it "right" again.

EEKK!