Charlie's TV Interview!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Charlie,

Just watched your TV interview. You did a spectacular job and you should be proud! Awesome!! Congratulations!

Debbie
emoteClap.gif

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, thanks Deb!

I just got home and watched the tape I made. I was SO NERVOUS I thought for sure the mike would pick up my heart thumping away. Thank goodness it didn't. I had no idea what she was going to ask until I was in the chair and she came over during the commercial break right before the interview and sat down, then said "I'm going to ask you which story is your favorite." What a question! Holy cow. I wanted to say ALL of them.

The four minutes went by so fast, it was over before I knew it. I wish I'd remembered to mention Orson Scott Card, Robin Lee Hatcher and Wil Wheaton, oh well.

Best part was after the interview, she said "You know, this reminded me a little of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books," then leaned closer and whispered, "but with much better writing." Warmed me through and through.

I did get permission to use the clip any way we want in our promotional efforts. All I need is a video capture doodad for my computer and I'll be able to convert the tape. Might take a little time to get me a doodad, tho.

Oh, and I didn't throw up. *whew*

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
ChunkyC said:
I did get permission to use the clip any way we want in our promotional efforts. All I need is a video capture doodad for my computer and I'll be able to convert the tape. Might take a little time to get me a doodad, tho.

Oh, and I didn't throw up. *whew*

I'd send you mine but by the time you paid customs on it, you could buy one cheaper... unless customs has changed?

Are you sure you didn't and just cut that part out of the tape? Hmmmm?

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
video tape for your camcorder? Maybe you are already set up with firewire

AdamH

Pumped Up Kicks
Registered
Reaction score
Alright Charlie!!! Wish I could've caught it. That's cool about what she thought of the book.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do we get to see this too, Charles? I never did get to see your article. <snif>

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats, everyone. I sure do hope it generates some sales.

Unique, the newspaper article is here.

As for dubbing the tape -- I recorded it on my VHS VCR. All I need is a video capture device that converts composite video (the yellow plug) to USB, which is available up here starting at about fifty bucks. I just don't have fifty bucks to spare right now. But hopefully I can get one through work and pay it off after the holidays.

Once I have it on my computer, the software that comes with most of these gadgets will let me save it as an mpeg file (among other formats), which most media players can play.

Update: Just ordered me a basic video capture widget, this guy for anyone interested. Goodie goodie, xmas present to myself -- hopefully it will be here by then!

Last edited:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got the widget....

Well, the video widget arrived just before Christmas and I spent a few hours on boxing day playing around with it. What a cool toy! What really makes it neat is the editing software that came with it, WinDVD Creator. I did a little basic editing to pull the interview from the tape along with one of the 'coming up on the show' bits leading up to the interview and added a title sequence at the start.

I showed it to Jenna and she said to go ahead and post the link, so here it is. Windows Media file, approx. 14MB. I got permission from the TV station for us to use the clip any way we want, so if you think it will help promote the book in any way, feel free to pass the file &/or link around.

CFCN Television Interview

Last edited:

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Holy crap, that was awesome Chunky! You should've made her call you "Chunky."

You have a really strong voice. You should do radio work or voice over work.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Nav! *insert one of Frank's patented no-touch man hugs here*

Actually, I've been told I have the perfect face for radio.
smile.gif

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
XThe NavigatorX said:
You have a really strong voice. You should do radio work or voice over work.

I told him the same thing first time I talked to him on the phone. Great voice!

How cool is it to see our dear Chunkster on TV? And to see what a great job he did, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.