Submitting Revised Manuscript to Agents

mhughes

Profesionel Speelchecker
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mooseandink.com
Mom and Dad always said "No stupid questions". Guess I'll put that to the test here:)

I am looking to send out my novel manuscript to a few agents. I did this once before about 3-4 years ago and the work was rejected. For good reason - it had a lot of errors in it that I didn't know then. I have learned a lot since then and compeletely re-written the story. If one was not intimate with it before, they wouldn't recognize it now.

In any case, I did some looking up of agents that represent the genre I'm in and recognized a bunch of the names. Looking through my past records (buried deep in the closet), I submitted to these folks before. That got me wondering how long agents memories are. Chances are they won't recognize my name but I didn't want to risk screwing up an opportunity. There any standards to this or is it common?

Like I said, maybe a stupid question but it'll help me sleep a bit better. Sorry if it's been posted before but a quick search didn't pop anything up.

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
If you have truly re-written the entire story, I would change the title and submit again. I wouldn't advise that for just very cosmetic changes but a true re-write makes it practically a different book anyway. That's just my own opinion, though. =)