PDA

View Full Version : Request for Submissions for Citizen Literature

edwilson
12-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi all,

My name is Ed Wilson, and I am currently the Admin on a blog called Citizen Literature (http://Cit-lit.com) which is entirely dedicated to showcasing and reviewing self-published literature. Everything's been running along with the site (I started it in October), but I got bogged down in the month of December, and I haven't posted at all this month.

Well, alas 2011 is at an end, and I want to start the new year with gusto and keep posting more frequently. However, I hope I can recruit a few new contributors along the way.

Not convinced yet? Well, here are a few of the the perks:

You can link to yourself.
If people like your review you want them to be able to find more of your work, right? My only caveat is you do it in a "footer" after the review. You can see an example of this in all of the previous posts I've done.

You're welcome to add affiliate links.
I know certain sites like Smashwords or Amazon have affiliate programs. So, if the book you're reviewing has an affiliate link by all means use it! However, text links only and again, place them only in the footer.

You Retain all Rights to your Work.
I want credit to be given where credit is due. So, what you've written is yours and yours exclusively. Of course, I would love if you gave CitLit some exclusivity before re-posting a review, but that decision is completely up to you.

You'll Bring Awareness to a Great Cause.
Citizen Literature has been a passion project that's been long in the making. I've been reading and photographing self-published books on my floor and loving every second of it.

I'm trying to avoid making this a "wall of text", so feel free to respond to this post if you would like further details. By the way, if you're an author who would like their book reviewed, send it my way to submission[at]cit-lit.com.

If you would like to check out the site so far for yourself, here's the link:

Citizen Literature (http://cit-lit.com)

As always, thank you for reading,

-Ed Wilson