Resolutions for 2012, got any?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'm not much for resolutions, but this coming year I'm going to resolve to proofread my electronic communications a bit better. You know AW posts, Facebook status updates, emails, etc.

I'm not a dimbulb, but I'll be less of one with one deep breath and a reread before I hit the send button.

Have you got any resolutions for the New Year?

Last edited:

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
i find you very precise and articulate already, perks.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
no.
in fact, i've been contemplating repping you with similar sentiments when this opportunity presented itself.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
to stay on topic, madam, i have no particular resolutions to divulge at this time.

MamaStrong

Registered
Reaction score
This is a "note" I posted on FB. I've hit a pre-mid-life crisis, so that's why my list is so long ;) :D

Below are a list of things that I want to do before I turn 30. As of today (12/22/2011), I have less than 17 months before I turn 30 years old. So, as my friends I hope you'll encourage me and run along beside me as I cross off these milestones :)

1) Beef up my sewing skills. - This will require getting a sewing machine. However, one project I'd love to do is to sew Keira's 2nd birthday party outfit. :)

2) Learn to play the keyboard. - This will require getting a keyboard. I've asked for one for Christmas for the past 16 years and never got one, so...something I'll have to work towards. No worries. I'd love to learn to play some Christmas music or other powerful instrumentals.

3) Finish a darn good novel and begin looking for a Publisher/Agent. I have a lot of ideas I'm working on shaping right now. I plan to set aside writing time every day and will be setting a daily writing word count goal here soon. 500 words per day? I say yes!

4) Finish School and obtain my B.A. degree in Education Studies. Even if I never use the darn thing (though I'm sure I will) I can at least look at all my parents in the eyes and say...I did it, I messed up back then...but I did it!

5) Pubilish some of my Photography and begin a freelance photography business. This will require buying some equipments and making the commitment. However, I've been looking and am excited to start making small purchases here and there in the next 17 months. :)

6) Get Fit- This is a goal I hope to see progress with in the next 6 months, and continue on until I'm 30 and beyond. No, I don't believe you have to look like Jullian Micheals, but I do believe in being healthy and confident, and being toned and fit will make ME feel that way. So as of Jan 1st, 2012, I will no longer be eating at fast food (though chic-fil-a will be my "treat" spot), I'll be cutting out ALL soda, candy, and lay off the chips, and sweet snacks. I'll be making healthy breakfasts and eating cheerios if I have to have cereal. Lots of excercising in the cards and I cannot wait!

* To be more specific on the "Get Fit" part: On Jan 1st, 2012, I plan to get up in the mornings with my boos, and go running down the hill (really...not as in, running like crazy), then walk back up it. I plan to do this three times a day. I want to become "fluent" in running. I'll also be doing the Biggest Loser Fitness Program book (still working on the specifics), as well as the biggest loser ultimate fitness game with XBOX. I plan to do this 5 days a week, in addition to my running. I know, I know...maybe too much...I don't think so though. I also plan to start using my kid. They make the best workout buddies in terms of lifting them with your legs (abs, butt and leg workout), and etc.

7) Start playing in the Kitchen more. This means I will be doing more cooking in the kitchen and trying new things. Andrew and I plan to start budgeting our food and making healthier options and meal plans. So excited!

8) Religion- Yep, I'm going to start watching my excessive cursing (mainly because I don't want Keira's first sentence to be, "Damn that bitch, she almost hit me with her ratty ass car" (or something similar). We also think we found a church we want to explore. It's a big one here in San Diego, and we hope to check it out after the first of the year. I found my small bible, and just am really looking for morals more than a bible beating place. If that makes sense. I'd love to get involved in a church, mainly because they are normally filled with nicer people with good morals and positive outlook.

*Will be edited and reposted on my wall as I think of other fantastic things I want to accomplish.*

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Wow, MamaStrong. 2012 shall be busy for thee. (See? Didn't that put you in the mood for church? Or Shakespeare? Or something?)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Succinctness?

If you wanted clarification, you should have been more specific. :ROFL:

Okay, here are my resolutions:

1. Don't read reviews.

2. No really, don't read reviews.

3. Improve my handwriting. Otherwise readers will think I'm insulting them.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if this thread will get moved to special occasions. (New Year's stuff?)

Anyway, I have been thinking about resolutions. I don't think I kept many of them for this past year. I'd like to earn more money, that's for sure. So, that's number one. Make more money!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... Normally my resolutions are lofty, such as quitting smoking (I'm addicted, and it's a way of coping with a mental illness, so it's not going anywhere anytime soon) or falling in love (pretty much out of my control).

This year, I'll try some sensible resolutions...

1. Write my resolutions down on a Post-It instead of a scrap of paper. I respect Post-Its much more than random scraps of paper. I've got a Post-It from about 4 months ago, and I still know where it is and what's on it.

2. Get accepted into Uni. (I've been told this is a non-issue, because of what I've done these last 2 years, but I still need to wait for the official acceptance before I can sign up for classes.)

3. Work my butt off at Uni, take it seriously this time around (as opposed to when I did Science after finishing High School, and wound up drinking every day) and get the sort of grades I know I can get.

4. Keep on the wagon and don't drink any alcohol.

5. Try to secure a permanent student job, so I have some spare cash throughout my degree.

6. Use the spare cash to pay off my student loans (or as much as I can manage).

7. Read more.

8. Keep true to the desire to write for fun when I'm at Uni between classes with nothing much to do.

9. Start exercising again. I want to lose another 10kg in 2012.

That's all for now...

Oh, wait!

10. Be more outgoing. Make more friends. Have fun, and be proud to be me.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Best wishes to everyone! Some great resolutions here. :)

My New Year's Resolution is to get some more structure to my life. Right now there is no real structure, and I get overrun with too much to do and not enough time to do it. So part of that is going to be saying no to more. ::shudder:: I'm truly bad at saying no; I hate saying it. But if I say yes to everything, there's no time for the things I enjoy doing, like, say, writing...

Archerbird

Nightowl
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I do, and I thought of them just now.

Archerbirds resolutions for 2012

1. Learn Middle English or ... something... Shakespearian (or just English).​

2. Read Shakespearian things in Shakespearian English (or just English).​

3. Be more social. Just to get used to being famous.​

4. Prepare better resolutions for next year.​

5. Read 100 novels. No, 50. Okay, 25. 2012 will be busy enough.​

Last edited:

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, and I blogged about it here. And I've already started in on my resolutions.

But for all of you who don't care about my blog :tongue...

1. Consume less sodium. Can you believe I added so much salt to my food that when I stopped, I lost 5 lbs of water weight??

2. Quit smoking (okay, that one starts Jan 1 after I get a Chantix RX)

3. Get at least 7 hours of sleep - I'm keeping to this for the most part, and I have so much more energy.

4. Read more nonfiction.

5. Be more earth aware, aka, green.

Since my blog, I've thought of a few others.

6. Make more of an effort to be kind to people. I don't think I'm mean, but I generally don't like people, and I'm not exactly friendly. Especially at work with people that annoy me.

Writing goals:

7. Release 2 novels.

8. Finish my current WIP.

9. Start another.

There are a bunch of other little things to change, of course. But those are the biggies, I think.

These Mean Streets

We Could Be Heroes
Registered
Reaction score
Mine:

Write at least one mega-bestseller.

Become King. Of somewhere (not too big - but not too small either. Oh, and with its own army and navy too.)

Be more friendly to aliens.

Cut back a little on the awesomeness. It's really not fair to some of the others in the office. Or the train.

Share my thoughts and opinions more. Especially with strangers.

Whine more. I mean, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, right? So why shouldn't I complain too and get my fair share of attention and commiseration. No more bearing things in stoical silence or - God forbid - dealing with it.

Help others more. By which I mean: give them advice - even if they're too shy to ask for it. It's the least I can do. We're all in this together, people. And, by God, I'm gonna help others overcome any shortcomings I perceive, dammit.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Gather the remnants of my mind so I can:
- Hit the agent trail again for my historical novel, and maybe start on the rewrite of my first novel.
- Practice my guitar and banjo that I worked so hard at learning

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I have two: Finish my damn novel and lose some weight. I've reached the 170lb mark (I'm 5'9") and I'm not liking it one bit. I need to change what I eat and lay off the sugar, and do more of the "E" word. Last year I quit smoking, took me until the end of March to finally do it, but I've been smoke-free for nine months. I think that there has contributed to my weight gain, I've replaced cigarettes with chocolate.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
A thirding for Tepelus.

Which leads nicely into my next: Be more organised. Because there's no way I'll do my first degree module, finish a book and (hopefully) work part time at the same time unless I learn to structure my time properly.