• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Searching for betas: Commercial women's fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

carefulwithwords

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a beta reader for my 74,000word novel. The main characters are Muslim and the main conflicts surround the issue of homosexuality and faith.

This manuscript has been short-listed for several awards and has been praised by some pretty high level editors at major houses (in the course of the judging of the aforementioned awards). However, it has recently undergone some major revisions and I am desperately in need of brutally honest beta readers who can look at it before I resubmit to the agent who has invited me to resubmit post-revisions.

I am willing to also beta read. I'm not a great line-editor though if things jump out at me I will take note. When I beta read, I tend to focus on characterization and plot-holes. Also pacing.

I prefer to read mainstream commercial fiction, speculative fiction and spirituality stuff (but not religious stuff).

But I'll consider reading anything.

BethMac

Saying the Serenity Prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Have you had any responses? I'm looking for someone to swap with?

PM me if you'd like to talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.