• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader~ The Dark Bringer ~ Young Adult Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking for a Beta Reader for my novel THE DARK BRINGER.

Genre: Young Adult Fantasy, in third person and complete at 50,000 words.

Feedback: I’d like to know what’s good and bad but I would prefer it not to be too harsh. I don’t necessarily need line by line but would like to know what you think about plot holes and characterization.

Edit: I would be willing to beta read in return.

Working Query:

Seventeen-year-old Bree can control the elements. The sorcerer that killed her mother is back from Hell and after her and her people—other elementals. But this time Bree refuses to sit back and watch it all happen again. She’s going to take action. She’s going to kill him.

The sorcerer wants revenge on the ones who sent him to Hell and banished his powers. By killing the elementals it will slowly restore his powers as he gains their life force.

In order to stop him, Bree must flee London and travel to a world where nothing is the same. It’s Hell brought into the living, as creatures roam the streets barking orders, and anyone who steps out of line is dead.

Bree’s got to find the elemental stones and connect them together. Thus creates divine light, which will destroy the sorcerer and send him right back to where he belongs. But first she must destroy traps set around each stones and she must use her elementals power to do so. The problem is she’s hopeless at trying to cast anything with them, but if she fails the elementals will be wiped out and with no one to stop him the sorcerer will take charge truly bringing Hell into the living.

Sarah G

Registered
Reaction score
Found a couple of people. Thanks guys.

Danielz

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Sarah. Did you got my last pm? Or is the other beta reading it first and I will read the revised version?

Sarah G

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Danielz,

Yeah sorry should have informed you by Pm. I just got some revisions to do but there isn't many. I'll be sending it you over tonight if that's still okay? Sorry for the wait.

Lhipenwhe

Moving with my soul, step by step
Registered
Reaction score
If you're still accepting beta readers, I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.