PDA

View Full Version : Book Promotion: What Really Works

karin61
12-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the forums but have been reading Absolute Write for years. I'm the author of two novels published by Simon and Schuster and have been heavily involved in the promotion of those books.

I just completed six months of touring(insane I know!) and I've decided to blog about all the things I did for promotion, discussing what worked and what was a big fat waste of time. My blog address is http://www.livejournal.com/users/karin61/

I wasted a lot of time doing stuff that wasn't worthwhile so I'm hoping to help other authors who are new to the promotion game.

Cathy C
12-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Interesting blog, Karin! I'd like to see some of the nitty-gritties about what you experienced. Did you find signings at one chain better than others? How about indie stores? Did you find that radio spots helped, or were they pretty much a shrug? How about newspaper, and how did you court the right people at the newspapers (I'd REALLY like to know this one!) Thanks, and looking forward to reading more about your journey! :D

StoryG27
12-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Great blog!
I'd love to hear your responses to the questions Cathy asked. I bet you've had many interesting experiences.
Thanks for sharing some of your adventures along with great advice! Welcome to AW and I hope to see you around.

DrCaelinPaul
12-09-2005, 05:41 AM
I second and third Cathy and StoryGirl... Looking forward to reading more :)

Sheryl Nantus
12-09-2005, 07:41 AM
thank you for coming here to share your knowledge with others - I'm looking forward to devouring every scrap of insight and information!!!

:D

clara bow
12-09-2005, 09:23 AM
I added your blog to my Favorites. Thanks for your effort!

acousticgroupie
09-30-2006, 06:10 AM
this is fab--thanks for posting:) i like how you got jennifer weiner to review--was that all through your publisher/agent?