tell me about your book! It's almost book gift card time!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Each year for christmas i get a gift card to buy books. I want to buy AW books. (just like I did last year).

So before i get the little, shiny, plastic card of awesome in my hands, tell me how to spend it.

Pimp your book!

:)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
See!

img1264955991887.jpg

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heart's Desire, historical romance Medieval Scotland

Tag line
A long hidden secret identity threatens to not only tear two lovers apart, but to propel Scotland into civil war.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
This time of year, it helps to be reminded that we have a room for holiday threads located here.

Please let's keep our holiday-themed discussions in that forum.

Thank you.

Each year for christmas i get a gift card to buy books.
I want to buy AW books. (just like I did last year).

So before i get the little, shiny, plastic card of awesome in my hands, tell me how to spend it.

Pimp your book!

:)

There,

I fixed it so it's not a Holiday thread anymore!

wouldn't want ya to get in trouble!

;)

Last edited:

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Fallen- A 19 year old Marine private ends up in a small county Emergency room with a gun shot wound and dog tags that state a birth date of 1898.

In a world where genetic experimentation pushes the bounderies of how far someone would go to live just a little longer, the main question is ; How many must die to keep one person alive?

There I have officially pimped :)

Last edited:

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Since you've asked...
stolensummer_bookmark.jpg

It's quite rude.

:D

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
i have a kindle. :)

Okay then!

*clears throat*

Blue Galaxy is a pulpy, tongue-in-cheek space opera with lashings of sex and violence. It's a novella, offering a couple of hours of twists and turns and pure escapism. My favorite comment on the story came from our very own ShakeySix who stated (I paraphrase): "I haven't enjoyed science fiction so much since I devoured the Andre Norton shelf at the Great Bend Public Library in 1967." Judging from reviews, it seems to be a book readers either love or hate. I'm fine with that *grin*

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Stew!

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Don't forget about the upcoming spec fic AW anthology: Absolute Visions. It will be available very soon!

For your horror fans:
Dark Things V, edited by Matt Kurtz and Jessy Marie Roberts. My story in there is dark magical realism.

Embrace your dark side with this eclectic collection of horror stories. Missing children, closet monsters, ghoul men and strange keys; alien abductions, body collectors and demonic possession. Frightening fits of rage and terror are soaked into every page.
Drenched in the dark and dreary, this volume contains the following short stories: Hexting by Gregory L. Norris, The Monster of All Monsters by Kelly Hashway, Ghoul Man by Scott M. Sandridge, With the Turn of a Key by Eden Royce, Expecting by Marc Sorondo, Better Homemade by Daniel J.D. Stone, Eye for an Eye by O.J. Cade, The Nature Elementals by A.J. French, The Devil's Song by Ellie Garratt, Lord of Slum by Matt Kurtz, Food of the Gods by John Pennington, The Machine Fink by Mike Phillips, Daddy's Little Secret by Charles Day, The ReNOWn Balloon Trial by Douglas J. Ogurek, Guilt by Eva Glynn Stephens, Under the Skin by Rebecca Lloyd, Hungry for Winter by Christian Crews, 'Til the End of the Road by Tony Simmons & Darkened by Gary Buettner.

Last edited:

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
If you like UF, there's my H&W Investigations series (starts with HUNTED BY THE OTHERS, cover in my sig) about a human private investigator who gets dragged into some supernatural brouhaha.

I'm also in two anthologies, NOCTURNAL and THE REAL WEREWIVES OF VAMPIRE COUNTY. :D

Werewives is a little more tongue-in-cheek than the other stuff, hehe.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Erin Morgenstern's The Night Circus!

McCardey's wonderful Watch out For Me.

Stacia Kane's Unholy Ghosts.

Okay, they're not my books, but mine's not on shelves yet. :D

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Sweet of you to do this! (And kind of the moderator not to move you!)

If you read spiritually oriented (but not preachy) non-fiction, you could try Sikh Spiritual Practice. Chapters contain lots of stories.

If you practice yoga (or know someone who practices yoga), you could try Yoga for Prosperity.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'm unpublished, but I'd pimp out mccardey's Watch Out For Me, anything by Claudia Gray, any of the erotica writers, or just go trawling in the UF section of the AW library...

Oh, and Stacia Kane's Unholy Ghosts is awesome. (It scared the crap out of me at certain points, which makes me love it even more.)

Oh! And Absolute Visions, definitely. I came *this* close to making it into that anthology, so I've got to pimp it out. Read that book, and then contemplate that my story was almost as good. That's the closest you'll get to reading one of mine right now. :tongue

Saul Tanpepper

writer of spec fic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tanpepperwrites.com
Don't forget about the upcoming spec fic AW anthology: Absolute Visions. It will be available very soon!

For your horror fans:
Dark Things V, edited by Matt Kurtz and Jessy Marie Roberts. My story in there is dark magical realism.

Another collection for horror fans:
SHORTING THE UNDEAD & OTHER HORRORS

Available in both Kindle and paperback here.

(BTW, I'm currently holding a GoodReads giveaway of two signed proof copies of SHORTING here, and am offering Kindle ebooks FLAWLESS for free 12/24-12/28 and A THING FOR ZOMBIES for free 12/29-1/2 on Amazon here)

Happy holidays!