PDA

View Full Version : The Christmas Crunch

Undercover
12-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Okay, so it's the last and final week before Christmas and I am still waiting on some emails, specifically a contract from an agent when I sent it over the weekend. Is anyone else experiencing a delay in their correspondences with people or business transactions during this time too? Kind of freaking out because of this. Hoping I can seal the deal before the holidays come.

Phaeal
12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Expect the publishing world to get anything done over the holidays? Nah. Relax until January 3 or so.

I still check my email once a day, but mainly because I'd hate to miss any seasonable spam. Why yes, I WOULD like a Santa-themed penis-enlarger for Christmas! ;)

jaksen
12-21-2011, 05:37 PM
I am still getting rejections and requests from agents/agencies. I think maybe their email and mailbags are a little lighter? I have read (on other places) that writers who are querying/submitting let up at this time of year, thinking that agencies do, too.

I have noted a few agencies, though, are not open to queries until after January 1 or later, so maybe there is a slowdown.

Though I am not seeing such slowdown personally.

buz
12-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Why yes, I WOULD like a Santa-themed penis-enlarger for Christmas! ;)

All I ever get is boring-ass "enlagrment pills" and "VAIAGRAA!!11!!1"

They're clearly advertising to the wrong people. Because personally, I MIGHT buy a Santa-themed penis-enlarger. I mean, 1) then I can say I am the proud owner of a Santa-themed penis-enlarger, which is bound to produce an endless stream of fruitful conversation, 2) I have no idea what it is and am curious, and 3) I could be tempted to see if it has the ability to grow a penis. (I don't have one, so I don't think I can skip all the way to enlagrment.)

...To answer the question...all my correspondence in general has slowed down, with only a couple of exceptions.