If you had twenty minutes to Skype, plus two agents to listen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyleeona

fluently sarcastic grandma offender
Registered
Reaction score
What all would you ask? (The skype session is supposed to pertain mainly to publishing.)

...help?

I'm having trouble forming coherent thoughts at the moment, but want to try and have a good list of questions to ask.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Okay, his won't happen to me.. but...

What is it you love about my book? What are the parts I need to work on?

Why do you want to be my agent?

Do you think changes will help it? If so, what changes?
What should I work on next (you should have a few ideas here ti let them choose)

Who are you considering subbing to, and why? Where do you see this selling?

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure you've thought of this, but just in case: have you scanned the "Ask the Agent" AW forum for ideas? ("Ask the Editor" might give you some ideas as well.)

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
See what questions they have to ask, first.

ladyleeona

Registered
Reaction score
I should probably add this isn't a rep discussion.

I won 20 minutes to ask anything about publishing, and that's why I'm having trouble coming up with questions--publishing is such a broad field. Especially given the subject matter won't be pertaining to my writing (directly)--it's about anything in publishing.

Oye. I think I'm in a 'can't see the forest for all the trees' situation.

Last edited:

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
IF the genres they represent are what you write (or, if you're willing to transcribe the conversation and post it up here to share with folks:

Would it be ok if I shared this conversation with the members of AbsoluteWrite? (If yes, then... BUT if no, or if you don't want to do it that way, that is Completely Understandable)

What type of stories are you looking for most in the coming year? Any particular themes or elements that would be most of interest for you?

How is the development of the digital market changing how you do business? Is it changing what you are looking for in a story or author?

If you, the agent, could recommend anything to up and coming writers, to improve their craft and chances of publication, what would it be (particular craft related books? workshops? skills to focus on?)

ladyleeona

Registered
Reaction score
IF the genres they represent are what you write (or, if you're willing to transcribe the conversation and post it up here to share with folks:

Would it be ok if I shared this conversation with the members of AbsoluteWrite? (If yes, then... BUT if no, or if you don't want to do it that way, that is Completely Understandable)

What type of stories are you looking for most in the coming year? Any particular themes or elements that would be most of interest for you?

How is the development of the digital market changing how you do business? Is it changing what you are looking for in a story or author?

If you, the agent, could recommend anything to up and coming writers, to improve their craft and chances of publication, what would it be (particular craft related books? workshops? skills to focus on?)

That's what I was hoping to do (post the transcribed conversation). If they are both okay with it, obviously, which I *think* they will be.

I definitely wouldn't mind typing it up for the Ask the Agent subforum. Hopefully I can come up with some questions that will help other AWers as well as me.

So any other input would be awsome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.