giving children medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyann1219

Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on an article that provides advice on giving medicine to children and babies. Do you have any tricks to share or do you have a lot of experience with this? If so, please email me at hollyannswanson @ comcast.net

I'm looking specifically for folks in PA, NJ, and Delaware but am hoping to sell reprints later. I'll hold on to contacts outside the area for later interviews.

Thanks!
Holly

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
hollyann1219 said:
I'm working on an article that provides advice on giving medicine to children and babies. Do you have any tricks to share or do you have a lot of experience with this? If so, please email me at hollyannswanson @ comcast.net

I'm looking specifically for folks in PA, NJ, and Delaware but am hoping to sell reprints later. I'll hold on to contacts outside the area for later interviews.

Thanks!
Holly

Hollyann,

Call the media relations department at CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia). Tell them you are doing this story and would like to know if a pediatric nurse on their staff would be willing to talk to you and give you some tips to overcome the most common problems. They'll find someone and call you back with the contact info. They're really helpful. You can e-mail them, but I've gotten better/faster response by phone.

Or if you don't want to call there, try your local hospital public relations person. The local hosptals often aren't as on the ball as the big city hosptials because they don't get as many media requests. You an also check out the American Academy of Pediatrics Website and see if they have a parents' education section that addresses this.

Status
Not open for further replies.