• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

YA paranormal - request for beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annmarie09

Live. Love. Laugh.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
So I've now finished my YA paranormal 'IMPRINT'. It's 55,000 words in total, but I'm really only looking for a beta for the first 3 chapters. If you want to beta the rest of the book as well, then that's fine though.

If you're interested, please pm me with your email address and I'll send it to you.
Thanks!

Here's the summary:

In the aftermath of a near-fatal car accident, sixteen year old Sean Lane wakes up and is horrified to find his body has been hijacked by the spirit that’s been haunting him. Enter Drew: the dead hijacker. Stuck halfway between this world and the next, he’s willing to do whatever it takes to get his life back. Even if it means stealing somebody else’s to do it. Flamboyant, cocky and secretive, he’s Sean’s polar opposite and is determined to make his life hell. Literally.

As Sean tries to come to terms with being dead, he realises that he has a more pressing problem. He has to find a way to get his body back, soon, or else he will simply cease to exist. However, unable to leave Drew’s side at risk of fading out of existence sooner, he has no choice but to suck up the boy’s bad puns and daily torments.

Drew is not all that he seems, though. Unlike Sean who has a grudge against humanity, Drew is popular. Everyone loves him. And after seeing Drew’s effect on the lives of the people he cares about, Sean can’t help but wonder if he really deserves to have his body back after all.

But time is running out, and Sean is getting weaker each day. Drew has a secret: a deadly one which irrevocably ties the two boys’ lives together through something even stronger than death. And the source just happens to be buried deep within a certain traumatic memory – a memory Sean’s mind has suppressed for the past four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.