PDA

View Full Version : Drunk Logic

mirandashell
12-16-2011, 10:26 PM
I attended our office Christmas party yesterday and spent the afternoon drinking red wine and debating the merits of football.

At 5pm, I decided I'd had enough so staggered my way to the train station. By the time the train left I was serious danger of falling asleep and waking up in the middle of the night in the arsehole of nowhere.

I phone OH and say 'I'mmmm drunk! Talk to me, keep me awake!' He (poor sod) is chatting away about a quiz show he's watching when I suddenly realise I'm having a phone conversation on the train. And I hate people who do that...

So how to solve this conundrum? Simple! I pull my scarf over my face. Because then no-one will be able to hear me....

Drunk logic at its finest!

Ari Meermans
12-16-2011, 10:29 PM
:ROFL: Oh, thank you for the laugh. I needed that.

JWNelson
12-16-2011, 10:30 PM
I attended our office Christmas party yesterday and spent the afternoon drinking red wine and debating the merits of football.

At 5pm, I decided I'd had enough so staggered my way to the train station. By the time the train left I was serious danger of falling asleep and waking up in the middle of the night in the arsehole of nowhere.

I phone OH and say 'I'mmmm drunk! Talk to me, keep me awake!' He (poor sod) is chatting away about a quiz show he's watching when I suddenly realise I'm having a phone conversation on the train. And I hate people who do that...

So how to solve this conundrum? Simple! I pull my scarf over my face. Because then no-one will be able to hear me....

:roll: At least you were not driving a car! (and arrived home, apparently)

bettielee
12-16-2011, 11:06 PM
and were not fondled by strange, overly affectionate men on the train ride home....

:)

Snowstorm
12-16-2011, 11:42 PM
:ROFL: goes to show it's no fun being around drunks unless you're one of them.

mirandashell
12-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Ain't that the truth! I shall be more sympathetic to the next drunk I see on the train.....

GailD
12-17-2011, 03:37 AM

I dunno. It made perfect sense to me. :D

scarletpeaches
12-17-2011, 03:46 AM
Drunk at 5pm? What are you, Scottish?

waylander
12-17-2011, 03:47 AM
At least you had the excuse of being drunk. Plenty of apparently sober people spout utter nonsense on their phones on the trains I use.

Cliff Face
12-17-2011, 09:13 AM
Love it. :D

Kateness
12-17-2011, 09:22 AM
I got back from my Main Office holiday party an hour or two ago.

As I exit the car where I'm dropped off, I say 'night morning, see you [coworker name]'

*sober*

backslashbaby
12-17-2011, 10:13 AM
I love it!

I have a strong memory of having an awesome time walking the streets of Oxford after a pub crawl, and hearing the folks behind us complaining about people who Take Up the Entire Fucking Pavement. I agreed loudly, of course. I couldn't quite balance to move over or anything, but I do hate when people do that.

Cliff Face
12-17-2011, 10:45 AM
I remember being drunk at some guy's house, and sitting out in the front yard, looking onto the main road. I looked up and saw the moon.

"Wow, the moon's bright tonight!" I exclaimed.
"That's a street light."

Whoops.

AnthonyJones
12-17-2011, 11:57 AM
I was with some friends who were drunk as well, and for some odd reason I screamed, "I think I called Cleopatra!". I have no idea why but I remember freaking out.

CChampeau
12-18-2011, 04:26 AM
I remember being drunk at some guy's house, and sitting out in the front yard, looking onto the main road. I looked up and saw the moon.

"Wow, the moon's bright tonight!" I exclaimed.
"That's a street light."

Whoops.

:roll:Classic!

mirandashell
12-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Drunk at 5pm? What are you, Scottish?

Only twice a year!

mirandashell
12-18-2011, 05:35 PM
I love it!

I have a strong memory of having an awesome time walking the streets of Oxford after a pub crawl, and hearing the folks behind us complaining about people who Take Up the Entire Fucking Pavement. I agreed loudly, of course. I couldn't quite balance to move over or anything, but I do hate when people do that.

Oh yeah!

seun
12-18-2011, 05:53 PM
You're all reprobates who should be flogged at dawn. Shocking behaviour.

mirandashell
12-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Well... that killed that then.

:brit

Haggis
12-19-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you.

I thought all you Brits drank gin.

*caution - Chihuahua humour alert*

mirandashell
12-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Good lord no, my old chap. Gin is only for Pukkah colonels and their mem-sahibs, don't you know......

Actually, I don't drink it cos I can't stand the smell.

BeatrixKiddo
12-20-2011, 02:01 AM
:ROFL:

We need a "British drunk logic" smilie now.

HarryHoskins
12-20-2011, 02:07 AM
:)

jjdebenedictis
12-20-2011, 02:42 AM

Drunk logic at its finest!You don't need to be drunk to have logic like that. Too many people in the city where I live believe no one can see you picking your nose while you're driving your car (especially if the radio is up loud.)

mirandashell
12-20-2011, 02:42 AM
Ah! The bubble on wheels.....

Cliff Face
12-20-2011, 09:38 AM
I used to like gin. Particularly Gilbey's, though I'd drink Gordon's or Bombay Sapphire in a pinch.

mirandashell
12-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Bleuch.... I have no idea what it tastes like cos I can't get it near my mouth.

Mr Flibble
12-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Eww, gin. Might as well drink perfume....though I can just about stand Bombay Sapphire. For a sip.

My drunk logic normally extends to 'once I've had one, another one always seems like a good plan'.

Which is why I was 3 hours late home from my shift at the pub the other day :D Well, if people will keep buying me beer....

mirandashell
12-20-2011, 05:59 PM
It would be rude not to!

Mr Flibble
12-20-2011, 06:02 PM
That's what I told the Old Man!

Archerbird
12-20-2011, 08:13 PM
mirandashell, lol!

Eww, gin. Might as well drink perfume....though I can just about stand Bombay Sapphire. For a sip.

That's funny, because I'll like any gin except for Bombay Sapphire.

Okay, fine...getting ready to go to a christmas party.

Cliff Face
12-21-2011, 02:45 PM
I miss alcohol... Why did I quit drinking, anyway? Health issues... Blech.

On the plus side, lack of alcohol has helped me lose weight. :)

Another piece of drunk reasoning: "Y'know, I think I will smoke the last 10 cigarettes in this packet tonight..." Which frequently left me waking up with an ash tray in my mouth, or so it seemed. :(

mirandashell
12-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Been there! And waking up with no cigarettes is not a pleasant experience.... especially for those that live with you!