Corning, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Any writers in the Corning, NY/ Route 49 corridor, PA area?

We moved from Cincinnati to Knoxville, PA, last year and I'm really missing my writer friends and my writing group. I'd love to start or join one in this area.

Raspberry

Germlish Speaker
Registered
Reaction score
I live in Painted Post, very near Corning. There is a writers' group from the RWA, called STAR, which is located that area, too.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Do you belong to that group? Is it any good, meaning productive? I looked at your profile. It looks like you and I write similar stuff. I have one courtroom drama/literary novel set in the Adirondacks in the 1920s and one straightforward mystery/suspense set in the mid 1990s. My WIP is mystery/suspense.

Raspberry

Germlish Speaker
Registered
Reaction score
I am not member of that group as I moved to Corning only four months ago. My WIP is a mystery, also. Crime.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Those of us merely observing all but demand you two meet for coffee or something. Demand, I say!

Pictures, pretty please?

It does sound as if you might be not only close but in sync. It'd be a terrible shame not to take advantage, right?

Maryn, pleased to see this

onuilmar

(w)ride like the wind
Registered
Reaction score
Hi:

I live in Allegany County, which is about an hour west of Corning. I am re-writing (and re-writing) my murder mystery.

Although I have found readers for my books, it would still be good to find fellow writers. Especially those working on novels.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Onuilmar, how close are you to Hornell? Hornell is about the same distance as Corning for me. As you know, half an hour drives are no big deal in this area.

onuilmar

(w)ride like the wind
Registered
Reaction score
happywritermom,

I am 10 miles from Hornell, which takes 20 minutes only because I need to drive at 30 mph through Almond. I live in Alfred.

lk

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Historysleuth, that would great! Looks like Hornell is just about midway for you and I. It take me about 40 minutes. Just PM when you're ready to meet!

Status
Not open for further replies.